By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey will help Nintendo take November from Microsoft. Sony wont slouch either.

Who do you think will sell more units this holiday?

Nintendo 363 68.11%

Microsoft 26 4.88%

Sony 144 27.02%

Total:533

As we all know...Microsoft since last gen has always recquired the assistance of the month of November (specifically Black Friday) to fend off their competition. Being that the Xbox One X is launching, this console is sure to give them a boost for the next few months. Normally I would say that third party and the Xbox One X could push them to the lead this month, but there seems to be a oversized mushroom of a road block in their path. The reason for this is that Microsoft doesnt have credible exclusive software to push units outside of third party to compete with Nintendo. If Nintendo pushes their way into the holiday season they are coming strong with first party. Many people will be buying the switch as a secondary or primary console this holiday season after hearing that Nintendo is increasing their shipments. Super Mario Odyssey ontop of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 (among other games) will be enough to push Microsoft off the high platform of expectation. All that is left is for Sony to do this year is cut the price of the PS4 slim and Pro models for the holiday season Sony and Nintendo will have made this a battle between themselves for nearly this entire year (which is pretty much unheard of since the PS1 vs N64 era). 

What you think will happen?

*Edited thread name from Galaxy to Odyssey. That was my mistake LOL*

Around the Network

Galaxy vs Odyssey?

Pagan said:
Galaxy vs Odyssey?

Edited that out. I realized that the second I posted out. Heh sorry...Odyssey.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pagan said:
Galaxy vs Odyssey?

I keep doing that too, so don't feel bad :)

I agree
a revision is not enough to save Xbox' fate for now

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I keep doing that too, so don't feel bad :)

Thanks. You made it just a bit less embarassing. Must be me hoping for Nintnedo to bring Galaxy 1 & 2 to the Switch E-Shop.

STARLEZZ said:
I agree
a revision is not enough to save Xbox' fate for now

Yep. Microsoft better hope the revision sticks with consumers as much as it has with western devs.

Easy win for Nintendo here. With the release of ELEX next week on PS4, X1 and PC nobody other than Nintendo fans will have time to buy games or consoles this holiday.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Easy win for Nintendo here. With the release of ELEX next week on PS4, X1 and PC nobody other than Nintendo fans will have time to buy games or consoles this holiday.

Whats ELEX? 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
vivster said:

Whats ELEX?

That's a good one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.