Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cuphead's controls suck

Is Cuphead hard?

Yes 42 49.41%

No 27 31.76%

Other 16 18.82%

Total:85
spemanig said:
caffeinade said:

Until we can control games with our minds, clunky is at the core of gaming.
I am just trying to come up with ways to make it less so.

Going from one face button to another in a fraction of a second by gliding your thumb one centimiter is the definition of "less so." Clunky is not at all at the core of gaming.

You do know you can claw a controller, right?

Around the Network

So Cuphead's controls suck because you couldn't map some of the buttons on the controller? I played the game on a keyboard and thought the controls were excellent. Simple, the way they should be, but can exploited by some of the more skilled players.

caffeinade said:
spemanig said:

Going from one face button to another in a fraction of a second by gliding your thumb one centimiter is the definition of "less so." Clunky is not at all at the core of gaming.

You do know you're not supposed to need to, right?

spemanig said:
caffeinade said:

If you re-read the control layout I suggested, you don't.
It is there if you want it.
I also gave a alternative that does not require players to do this at all.

The controls are basic given the genre of game - and you can customize them to your preferences. I don't get the complaint.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
spemanig said:

If you re-read the control layout I suggested, you don't.
It is there if you want it.
I also gave a alternative that does not require players to do this at all.

Or you could play with the intended lay out and remove all clunkiness altogether. None of what you're suggesting is superior to the way the devs designed the game. Your suggestions aren't good ones. They all create problems in execution that Cuphead doesn't have to solve a problem Cuphead doesn't suffer from. Having to both jump and aim with the same finger with far inputs with completely different ways of interacting will always be clunkier than gliding your thumb across two face buttons or resting it on both.