By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Any other (British) republicans here?

Thank you

Around the Network

Nope i quite like the royal family

Ka-pi96 said:
Valdney said:

That is a radical and absurd ideia. I wish my country (Brazil) went back to monarchy so that we could get reconnected to our history. British people have so much to be proud of their Crown.

Giving people status and prestige based on their skill and merit rather than their birth is a radical and absurd idea?

Given the kinds of people that tend to get elected, nah, that's not actually what happens.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

what's not to like about your german monarch house of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, Battenberg ?

I'm a monarchist, not British though.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Honestly, I don't even know the difference between a republican or a democrat, politics goes straight over my head lol, like all this left and right shit, not a clue!

As for the royal family, can't say I've got anything against them, they're in the news every now and then, but I'd rather hear about Prince George's first days at school than all the shitty doom and gloom that goes around, lol.

Replublican and democrat are just the names of the American parties, they don't have anything to do with being republican or monarchist.

The Monarchy is worth the cost I pay based alone on what it gives the country (tourism, jobs for hundreds of people). My whole 62 pence a year.

The government take far more than that from my pay for a day and does little with it.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
The Monarchy is worth the cost I pay based alone on what it gives the country (tourism, jobs for hundreds of people). My whole 62 pence a year.

The government take far more than that from my pay for a day and does little with it.

So there is a seperate tax bracket just for the Monarchy?  Is that how you know you excatly pay 62 pence a year towards them?

sethnintendo said:
The Fury said:

So there is a seperate tax bracket just for the Monarchy?  Is that how you know you excatly pay 62 pence a year towards them?

The Sovereign Grant, it allocates the Queen and Royal families moneys for royal duties, upkeep of buildings, stuff like that. Last year it was £43million. While the true cost of the Royal family would be higher, that is the direct money the government pays to them.

Considering we pay £150billion to the NHS or £50billion on military, I think £50 mil on the Royal family is nothing. We give more than that back from tourism alone.

Plus that extra person ready to veto a bullcrap law is more than welcome.

Hmm, pie.

I swear the Queen still has the power to declare war or something. Or is someone telling me porkies.