By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Nelly arrested over rape accusation

Rapper Nelly arrested over rape accusation

• Attorney says allegation motivated by ‘greed and vindictiveness’
  • Grammy winner to appear before judge ‘at some point’, police say

Police arrested the rapper Nelly on Saturday, after a woman said he raped her in a town outside Seattle. The Grammy winner’s attorney staunchly denied the allegation.

An Auburn police spokesman, Cmdr Steve Stocker, said officers arrested Nelly, whose real name is Cornell Iral Haynes Jr, early on Saturday morning in his tour bus at a Walmart.

Nelly performed at the White River Amphitheatre in Auburn, Washington, on Friday night. He is on tour with Florida Georgia Line and was scheduled to perform in Ridgefield, Washington, on Saturday night.

Nelly’s attorney, Scott Rosenblum, said: “Our initial investigation clearly establishes this allegation is devoid of credibility and is motivated by greed and vindictiveness. I am confident, once this scurrilous accusation is thoroughly investigated, there will be no charges.

“Nelly is prepared to address and pursue all legal avenues to redress any damage caused by this clearly false allegation.”

Stocker said Nelly was in jail and would have his first appearance before a judge “at some point”.

Nelly is a three-time Grammy winner, including for the song Hot in Herre, which won the best male rap solo performance award in 2002. Sampled and re-recorded by other artists, the song was ranked No21 on a Rolling Stone magazine list of top summer songs. Nelly is also known for hits My Place and Over and Over, he appeared in the 2005 film The Longest Yard.

The following year he shared a Grammy for the song Shake Ya Tailfeather with Murphy Lee and Sean Combs.

source : https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/07/rapper-nelly-arrested-court-rape

----

Off topic but no so much he is actually acting like a creepy pedo here :

Around the Network

Not sure why'd you post that vid. It has nothing to do with the supposed rape charge. Also this is an adult making the claim, so not sure how where the correlation to him being a pedophile came from.

I was very very alright with the video.... until 0:38.

I was cringing and screaming and.... what the fuck!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

This video has nothing to do with the rape allegations.

"Police arrested the rapper Nelly on Saturday, after a woman said he raped her in a town outside Seattle. The Grammy winner’s attorney staunchly denied the allegation. "

edited

I show the video because he acted like a pedophile, why would I hide it ? I don't protect this kind of person.

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:

edited

I show the video because he acted like a pedophile, why would I hide it ? I don't protect this kind of person.

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the allegation?

It is said in the title that they were both things. Deal with it.

Is the video part of a movie? It looks like it's being projected at a drive in theater

burninmylight said:
WebMasterFlex said:

edited

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the allegation?

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

You know make me wonder... are you trying to defend this creepy dude ?

Just asking. I don't know you people, perhaps you are a fan of R. Kelly instead.