By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Your embarrassing tastes in music (please share here).

I think the old Taylor Swift songs are pretty good, although they're extremely cheesy sometimes.

Around the Network

I love some of this sometimes, when its raining.

Nothing embarrasing in liking ABBA, they're one of the greatest in history and they made perfect pop songs

Embarrasing for me is liking "7 things" from miley cyrus,, which I do

RingoGaSuki said:

I'm really into City Pop (Late 70s-Early 90s Japanese Jazz/Pop/Funk fusion). Not really embarrassed by it, I think City Pop as a genre is fucking amazing, I wish I knew of it earlier (only found it earlier this year).

I also unironically like vaporwave, which I think is probably worse.

I like Japanese takes on R&B. I didn't even know until fairly recently it had a scene in the 70s and 80s there. Like Secret Lover from Toshiki Kadomatsu. It sounds a lot like the old song "Hey DJ" from World Famous Supreme Team. A buddy of mine laughed at the English parts because he's a jerk, but it's a nice little jam.

Avril lavigne, Britney Spears, Pink and pretty much every female pop artist for teenage girls.

Around the Network
RingoGaSuki said:

I'm really into City Pop (Late 70s-Early 90s Japanese Jazz/Pop/Funk fusion). Not really embarrassed by it, I think City Pop as a genre is fucking amazing, I wish I knew of it earlier (only found it earlier this year).

Is this because of youtube recommendations? Youtube kept recommending this crap for months. And yeah, vaporware and modern fake 80s music are worse.

As a mostly Heavy Metal fan it is a little embarrassing to me that I like these bands:

3oh3
Big Bang
Fall Out Boy

I liked linkin park,probably because i lived what i like to call the "AMV's golden era".I whatch one of those now and then for nostalgia purpouses.

RingoGaSuki said:

I like the first song.

Vocaloid songs in Hatsune Miku games.