By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Top 3 Favorite Soccer Teams.

Metallox said:

I still remember  

I don't understand what happened. For a while I thought that the team in the light blue jerseys was in the lead because they took their sweet time with throw ins, but then they showed that the other team actually scored the 1-0. In the end the light blue team scored the equalizer after not even trying.

Somebody explain this.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
mZuzek said:

No, because SNES and Super Famicom are two different things.

OK Do you say Resident Evil instead of Biohazard? Or what if we complained nonstop about people saying Sega Genesis instead of Mega Drive?

Meh.

mZuzek said:
HomokHarcos said:

OK Do you say Resident Evil instead of Biohazard? Or what if we complained nonstop about people saying Sega Genesis instead of Mega Drive?

Meh.

At this point you have to answer that you write in English because you respect the majority here.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

Did you mean football?

1 - Internacional (Brazil, Porto Alegre)
2 - Brasil de Pelotas (Brazil, Pelotas)
3 - no idea

Around the Network

1. FC Bayern München
2. Olympic Marseille
3. VfL Wolfsburg

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

RolStoppable said:
Metallox said:

I still remember  

I don't understand what happened. For a while I thought that the team in the light blue jerseys was in the lead because they took their sweet time with throw ins, but then they showed that the other team actually scored the 1-0. In the end the light blue team scored the equalizer after not even trying.

Somebody explain this.

It was the final of the Clausura 2016 Mexican tournament. Pachuca, the team wearing the light blue jerseys, had won the first leg 1-0, but Monterrey (the team with the striped jerseys) managed to score in the 40th minute of the second match. Afterwards, they tried to score the second goal with everything they had, but the intensity of their attacks gradually decreased, to the point where it became evident both teams were thinking in settling things in over time or, ideally, in the penalty shootout, especially Pachuca, who was the weakest team of the two. That's why the equalizier came out of nowhere. 

It is the most forgettable final in recent history of Mexican tournaments, tbh. 

RolStoppable said:
mZuzek said:

Meh.

At this point you have to answer that you write in English because you respect the majority here.

Nobody here complained about him writing favorite instead of favourite yet 3 people have complained about him saying soccer instead of football.

HomokHarcos said:
RolStoppable said:

Nobody here complained about him writing favorite instead of favourite yet 3 people have complained about him saying soccer instead of football.

The majority here types American English.

The weird thing is, because football/soccer has never really been a huge thing here in Finland outside of the national team, I've always gravitated towards foreign teams because that's the only way to consistently see quality games. With that in mind.

1. Amsterdam Ajax (Been a fan of their's since the mid 90's and their back to back run to the finals of the champions league. Also helps that they had many of my favourite players at the time playing for the club.
2. Manchester United. (Similar reasons to the above, just happened a few years later.)
3. No specific team