By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - You're suddenly put in charge of the Xbox division. How do you steer it towards a recovery?

first I would fire phil then make a rule that nobody in the division can make a pr statement or even go on twitter. Delete everyones account and if anybody makes even a fake account instant termination. Listen to what people say but they don't need to hear anything from us, just see what we deliver.

After that I would go make at least 10 new studios which will at least produce 3 games in a year.

Obviously is to late for the x1, so everything should be fine by next gen.

I would not say plan a console or any idea of a console since they are now days just the best bought product at the time from some other company.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:

Sell Halo/Forza/Gears for 10 billion dollars.

Who would pay that much for a bunch of declining franchises?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
PEEPer0nni said:

Sell Halo/Forza/Gears for 10 billion dollars.

Who would pay that much for a bunch of declining franchises?

No one would. Lmao

Sell Rare to Nintendo so it can become great again.

Also, Master Chief in Smash of course.

Recovery from what?

Around the Network

Sell all IP's to Nintendo

Flick off Sony as you stay relevant with the remaining 95% of Microsoft as Sony eventually dies off

Sell it to Nintendo

Nintendo has enough money to buy Japan and rename it Nintendoland

Actual make some games, it wont work right away but people will notice. Or go more toward PC which is their strength.

I'd:
- make a Halo RPG and breathe new life into the IP
-relaunch Scalebound by Platinum
-invest in a new AAA IP by the Gears devs
-bring back old Rare IPs in a big way
-passion projects such as Lost Odyssey 2
-fund some classic Sega games like Jet Set Radio 3, gamerrs love Sega

All wil help MS to build gamer cred and goodwill.

How much cash do we have to play with?

If not a lot I would buy a bunch on indy studios, combine them. try to make 10 teams of 100 new comers each. wont cost as much as big AAA studios. have the teams do what they can the first year, with help of the stablished Big MS Studios just so they can handle the xbox better.They will probably end up making a bunch of ori, recore, sea of thives level IPs at first, but by the time next gen starts, they will be making decent games. Would probably cost them less than what they bought mojan for. Only diference is theres a future with this plan.