who? 39 44.32%

thanks god! 11 12.50%

I will commit suicide! Nooooo, don't go! 7 7.95%

I only remember the avatar 14 15.91%

I came here just to click on the poll 16 18.18%

I misspelled the username wrong at least once 0 0%

I was banned in a discussion with walsufnir 1 1.14%

Total:88

Ah the Order threads. Such good times. Hilarious.

Good luck wherever you go.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't really mind people making farewell threads, but I'm now confused as to whether or not he's actually leaving, since he's still posting in this thread.

Why not? If you leave a company, you usually go to people personally. At least this is what I do and what other people do. Perhaps it's a German culture thing.

That said, this thread is open for anyone to say goodbye and to discuss a little bit. Also, the email has been sent to the moderation team so no need to keep posting wondering if I will actually leave

I just said I don't mind farewell threads And moderators don't do requested bans anymore.

Hynad said:
vivster said:

I don't actually remember Ethomaz as being as vicious and toxic as our current Sony fanboy breed.

Heck, he was less toxic than you, yet you're still around.

Nah, he was supporting a single console. I can't be more toxic than that.

Aeolus451 said:
Hynad said:

vivster has probably gotten worse recently.

I am only posting reactionary. So if I get worse, that means worse things are happening that need to be addressed. It's really no surprise with the recent surge in console circle jerks.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Hynad said:

Aeolus451 said:

I am only posting reactionary. So if I get worse, that means worse things are happening that need to be addressed. It's really no surprise with the recent surge in console circle jerks.

You are growing on me.

vivster said:
Hynad said:

He was supporting a single IP essentially which happened to be on PlayStation.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
b00moscone said:
I wish you the best of luck in life. A shame though, since i joined ~2.5 years ago many great users seem to have vanished that made the site truly entertaining. Now i mostly talk outside of VGC, rather than in the threads. Maybe it's been worse though

Don't leave us too B00my!!

Don't worry, I won't be leaving. If anything, maybe i'll start posting more in-pursuit of some interesting discussions

walsufnir said:
b00moscone said:
I wish you the best of luck in life. A shame though, since i joined ~2.5 years ago many great users seem to have vanished that made the site truly entertaining. Now i mostly talk outside of VGC, rather than in the threads. Maybe it's been worse though

It was definitely fun when I registered back then. You had crazy people here like pezus. We never agreed on anything but at least it was a unique kind of person. You also missed the days of vgking, an arche type of a fanboy, only one born each generation. He stealth edited a post (which can't be seen by the forum itself) to try to prove people wrong when they remembered what he once posted but Carl and me used google to make it apparent he edited posts so that it fits his narrative. Really good times.

It does sound it. Perhaps one issue, and no offense to mods at all since this is their job after all, is that i think the rules that mods enforce leave a collar wrapped too tightly around users. Sure, things that people say can be wrong, rude, uneducated etc. but perhaps the fun of being in a fourm like this is so people can themselves debate it and debunk what they're saying, which in the realm of debating is the most satisfying thing to do. With the rules in place now, doing that will just lead that user being shut-down and now it's encouraged a more passive-aggressive form of people showing their opinion, which i think leads to more frustration and due to its ambiguity if you try to pursue it it risks you getting banned. Just a thought of mine though from reading what you said.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

Yet he was less toxic than what we have today. Isn't that crazy?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
walsufnir said:

Yet he was less toxic than what we have today. Isn't that crazy?

Because at his heart he was a kind person. Perhaps that doesn't apply to the other ones here.

vivster said:
Hynad said:

Aeolus451 said:

Reactionary? You're not a microsoft's failed AI experiment, Tay. You're a free thinking individual responsible for your own thoughts and comments. If you're getting worse as a user then you're just getting worse as a user. That's fine if you want to do that but at least don't give some bs excuse for it.

Areym said:

I never understood the need to make a grandiose, farewell thread when "leaving" this site. Just, I don't know, scamper off. Also this site heavily, HEAVILY favors Nintendo and I thought this was obvious.

Clearly some people feel more emotionally attached to specific forums where it may be there main source of meaningful social interaction, let him have his cathartic moment lol