By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stardew Valley for Switch launches October 5

greencactaur said:
I never liked Harvest moon either. Always thought Rune Factory was far superior. I'm excited for stardew for switch

Which one was your favourite?

Personally speaking, Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii. I just wish th runeys didn't become such a convoluted chore.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
greencactaur said:
I never liked Harvest moon either. Always thought Rune Factory was far superior. I'm excited for stardew for switch

Personally speaking, Rune Factory Frontier on the Wii. I just wish th runeys didn't become such a convoluted chore.

I've played more than 200hrs of Frontier and I just want more evem today. ne of best games of generation. N kidding

Click HERE and be happy 

Niiiice! This is coming much sooner than I anticipated. I am so tempted to buy this, but I'll hold off until I can actually sit down and play it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Awesome, been wanting to get this as an Animal Crossing holdover, but damnit, there's already FE Warriors and SMO that I want to get this month, and I don't like getting multiple games at once since I physically can't play multiple games at once. Decisions decisions!

-Lonely_Dolphin

5 October is Harvest Moon day. Pretty well thought out.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
Jumpin said:

I've played more than 200hrs of Frontier and I just want more evem today. ne of best games of generation. N kidding

Yeah, it was such a fantastic game. IMO one of the top games I would like to see ported to the Switch, if not the top game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I picked up Stardew Valley for Switch last night. I picked up the PC version when it first came out and have played that version extensively. So far I haven't played very much on the Switch version yet, but here are some of my thoughts:

- The game looks very crisp when docked. I didn't try undocked for more than a minute, and I feel as though it looked better on my TV. Will try more undocked gameplay when I get home from work later on this afternoon.

- The load times are absolutely terrible. I gave it the benefit of the doubt the first time it happened, thinking it was just initializing my new farm, but on Day 2, it still seemed to take a long time (maybe 20+ seconds). The game runs nice otherwise.

The advantage of being able to play SV on the go is huge, but whether it overcomes it's obstacles is up for debate. I think the PC version plays much better, as the game lends itself to a mouse and keyboard style very well.

What platform am I going to use to play the game in the future? Probably my Switch, as I use my PC as my main source of entertainment, and in doing so, I can play SV on the Switch while still watching YT or whatever on my computer.