By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 18 on Switch accounted for 1% of all UK physical copies sold

How does this version compare to the 360 version. I'm curious because I suspect it's just a port of the 360 version...

Around the Network

I think people overreact at this point. It seems that there was some kind of supply issue last weekend in UK. I would wait for next week or even two, figures.

well, the Switch accounts for 2.8% of the Ps4+Xbox1+Switch market in the UK, 1% is a bit lower yes but nothing unexpected

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

That's a lot higher than I expected.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Kristof81 said:
I think people overreact at this point. It seems that there was some kind of supply issue last weekend in UK. I would wait for next week or even two, figures.

What gives you that idea? FIFA is always in high demand, and I've always seen stacks in the shops when I've been on releas day. One smaller store in my town did sell out (before release day), but had even more only 2 days later - the delay due to delivery timings rather than supply issues.

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
well, the Switch accounts for 2.8% of the Ps4+Xbox1+Switch market in the UK, 1% is a bit lower yes but nothing unexpected

2.8%? Certainly helps to put things into perspective.

The question then becomes if the porting process was ultimately profitable or at least cheap. I understand there's a 360 version which is about as powerful as a Switch so I have to wonder if the Switch version is just a port of the 360 version... Would make economic sense for EA to handle the Switch version this way.

When I originally saw the 1% I was expecting 10-12k, not around 8k.

Still not impressive at all, but when you consider that the vast, vast majority of people who are playing FIFA will buy the game on platforms they're already established on, I don't really know what the expectations should have been for the UK.

Rip, that's not a good start

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

People really need to stop making judgements based on Nintendo's weakest major market.

And just because a game like Fifa bombs doesn't mean every third party game will bomb... Games like Stardew Valley, Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania, Steamworld Dig 2, Minecraft, Hollow Knight, Rocket League, Dragon Quest, etc. will sell a ton on Nintendo consoles.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Judging by the reports of the game's scarcity in stores, I'm thinking that either EA's sales target for the game was really, really low or they sent the game out to die.