By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Mass shooting Las Vegas

A few years old but still relevant as the USA is against change on this front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dVcaWyNN-Q

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

A few years old but still relevant as the USA is against change on this front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dVcaWyNN-Q

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."  So I guess it's not for Americans then.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Peh said:
NRA: "Guns for everyone. If they had guns they could protect themself."

Or more to the point, if no one in the US had guns, this mass shooting and indeed all the others would probably not have happened.

An inherently violent society coupled with massive access to guns is a very bad mix as demonstrated time and again.

Not saying an inherently violent society without guns would be perfect as violence would find other ways to express itself but I'm pretty sure whatever the outcome it would be tremendously less dramatic than it is in one where guns can easily be obtained.

As things are, I'm surprised the NRA is not advocating free to purchase mini nukes for the good people of the US. And as soon as someone would say but that's dangerous, imagine these mini nukes get in the wrong hands, the NRA would reply: That's why we need EVERYBODY to have nukes so that the good guys can defend against the bad guys...

How would one propose removing all of the guns that currently exist? Remember, the estimates are >300 million guns exist in the United States, a country with low population density (meaning concentrated efforts are more difficult), 3.97 million square-miles of land, prohibitions on searching people's homes without specific warrants, and a strong and prolific black-market with strong organized crime. 

As for the comparison to nuclear weapons, a gun can be used against specific targets and therefore can be used in self-defense, a nuclear weapon cannot as it is an AoE weapon and its use in a population center will necessarily kill innocents. 

sc94597 said:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."  So I guess it's not for Americans then.

God dammit. Not much I can do about that sadly. Haha
Trying to find another source, but can't.

Edit. I was wrong. Found a source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE

Centre-left/left wing nation Australia gun control laws are the most strict in the world. Government intervention takes away freedom and liberty from its citizens. America is a proud right wing conservative nation that values freedom and liberty and minimal government intervention.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

Why the focus on mass-shooting events when there are tons of more preventable homocides to address? Mass shootings makes up less than 1% of all homicides. 

I'm just trying to limit the reload time.  I know it is impossible.  If I could go back to the days where you would have to kill someone with a sword I would.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Centre-left/left wing nation Australia gun control laws are the most strict in the world.

Australia introduced gun control with a Conservative/Right-wing government. We have a Conservative/Right-wing government in power right now.
It was the *right* thing to do. It has worked and the majority of Australians back the decision today, even far-right conservatives.

Fact of the matter is... The more guns you have freely floating around without restriction, the higher the chances are that it will end up somone's hands who wishes to do harm or doesn't know what they are doing which may result in an accident.

Often people use the excuse that "Guns dont kill people, people kill people". - Well... By that same argument, Who cares if Kim Jong-Un gets Nuclear Missile? Nukes don't kill people, people kill people.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Government intervention takes away freedom and liberty from its citizens.

You are free to own guns in Australia. You haven't lost that freedom.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

America is a proud right wing conservative nation that values freedom and liberty and minimal government intervention.

Who are you kidding? Your Government intervenes in your country on all levels... And they don't just leave it at that, they also intervene in the affairs of other nations across the planet.

Besides, regulation isn't actually a bad thing, it allowed us as a country to avoid recession during the Global Financial Crisis, we have an extremely high standard of living, life expectancy is some of the highest in the world... Our cities rank highly on the most desirable cities to live in on Earth and so on.

And we value freedom and liberty... Because we actually have those too, don't assume we are under some kind of dictatorship with no freedoms or shit healthcare, education and poor standard of living plus a low average wage and no opportunities... Because you would embarrass yourself.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-41474594/las-vegas-how-us-mass-shootings-are-getting-worse

I just love the two causes the left is fighting/protesting about right now

1. Ban all guns from civilians so only law enforcement/military have them
2. Law Enforcement are all racists, corrupt evil murderers

EricHiggin said:
Puppyroach said:

Yes, and you can kill a person with a frying pan but we don't see any mass-frying pan killings now do we? This question is not about 2nd amendment, or people's right to defend themselves. It's about grown up people wanting to play with guns and using the 2nd amendment as an excuse for it. The police in my country usually doesnt even wear firearms, arming everyone and their grandmother will only decrease individual freedom and safety.

People used to kill each other with sticks n stones. Then they moved onto bows n arrows and swords. Now guns. Take away the guns, and they'll just revert to using sharp metal objects again. Yes, the people who plan to shoot n run and get away with it, will now think twice, but people like the Las Vegas shooter, clearly were all in, and in that case people are going to be injured or killed regardless. 

Weapons themselves don't kill people. People kill people.

How many mass killings do we have with a single criminal killing tens of people with sticks and stones, knifes or slingshots? Of course it's not the weapon that kill peolpe (sentient weapons would be quite scary 😉) but there is a reasons it's called a weapon, because its purpose is to be used as a weapon against other people.

But if you can show that the US had numerous amounts of mass killings with, for example knives, in the past, please share.