By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Criticism - giving it and taking it

monocle_layton said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'll be sure not to follow that advice.

Why not? It's advice many people would benefit from following

I'm neither conversative nor liberal

Around the Network

People call me a Nintendo hater but that couldn't be further from the truth. I want all fanboys to cry. And while this forum has only a few more Nintendo fanboys than Sony fanboys I will find myself in many more Nintendo threads because Nintendo fanboys just create far more retarded threads and posts.

I am really just a victim of circumstance.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

VGPolyglot said:

I don't think he's referring to politics. Conservative/liberal can refer to personality types as well. Like..someone who's conservative with his money would keep it in the bank, while someone who is liberal with his money would tend to buy things more often. 

Kinda curious where the political definitions come from...but I'm much too lazy to look it up.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

VGPolyglot said:
monocle_layton said:

Why not? It's advice many people would benefit from following

You sure? Your posts are some of the most conservative on the forum and your mod history proves it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Super_Boom said:
VGPolyglot said:

I don't think he's referring to politics. Conservative/liberal can refer to personality types as well. Like..someone who's conservative with his money would keep it in the bank, while someone who is liberal with his money would tend to buy things more often. 

Kinda curious where the political definitions come from...but I'm much too lazy to look it up.

Sorry, I guess I was just being an asshole, and being intentionally difficult for some reason. I guess political terms trigger me

vivster said:
VGPolyglot said:

You sure? Your posts are some of the most conservative on the forum and your mod history proves it.

I guess I don't view myself the same way, a lot of times I still feel like my posting is too harsh, and regret what I post later in fear that the person may take it the wrong way.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

I guess I don't view myself the same way, a lot of times I still feel like my posting is too harsh, and regret what I post later in fear that the person may take it the wrong way.

Can't get more conservative than that.

Arguing on the internet is a victimless crime

RolStoppable said:

"Wer austeilt muss auch einstecken können." - German proverb

In the end it's all about individuals and many people can't handle criticism on the same level as they dish it out. They also tend to classify descriptions as insults to play victim. The word 'racist' is a great example of this; there's no way it can be an insult if it is used correctly. Racism has a clear definition and someone who exercises it is a racist.

niceguygameplayer is actually ahead of many other people. He gets criticized a lot (and for justifiable reasons), but he doesn't report anyone and instead seeks a conversation. He's boneheaded and in denial of his bias, but he handles criticism better than a lot of other people.

Most of the toxicity comes from users who are usually at the forefront of trolling and flaming (both overt and covert) while crying foul as soon as the tables get turned on them.

You honestly bring a good point, but the users I want to point out aren't the ones usually in the gaming sections. I'd love to call them out, but the last thing I want is another ban

VGPolyglot said:
Super_Boom said:

Sorry, I guess I was just being an asshole, and being intentionally difficult for some reason. I guess political terms trigger me

vivster said:

I would say you're very conservative. Just look at how you feel about video games moving from physical to digital, or them getting rid of manuals.

RolStoppable said:

"Wer austeilt muss auch einstecken können." - German proverb

In the end it's all about individuals and many people can't handle criticism on the same level as they dish it out. They also tend to classify descriptions as insults to play victim. The word 'racist' is a great example of this; there's no way it can be an insult if it is used correctly. Racism has a clear definition and someone who exercises it is a racist.

niceguygameplayer is actually ahead of many other people. He gets criticized a lot (and for justifiable reasons), but he doesn't report anyone and instead seeks a conversation. He's boneheaded and in denial of his bias, but he handles criticism better than a lot of other people.

Most of the toxicity comes from users who are usually at the forefront of trolling and flaming (both overt and covert) while crying foul as soon as the tables get turned on them.

"Vater nutzt sie, um geile Tieren Intro Fallen zu locken." - Himmel Shank

Well put. Couldn't leave out the boneheaded part eh?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."