By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

StreaK said:

Oh wow, it looks like Gran Turismo Sport is facing some trouble. I don't think it'll be a huge hit like the other games. GT6 was the beginning of the end for the franchise. Right now it looks like GTS is going to do Tekken 7 numbers (slightly better) from the looks of things.

It's only like in the top 3 in Italy.

Think the lack of content is definitely hurting it.

Also the always online thing, which Xbox already proved is a popular idea.

Around the Network
StreaK said:

Oh wow, it looks like Gran Turismo Sport is facing some trouble. I don't think it'll be a huge hit like the other games. GT6 was the beginning of the end for the franchise. Right now it looks like GTS is going to do Tekken 7 numbers (slightly better) from the looks of things.

Grand Turismo will do ok

StreaK said:

It's not going to do mainline GT series sales, but Amazon might be somewhat deceptive as there are two versions of the game, and most people online seem to be ordering the deluxe version. I know in Amazon UK it has two versions selling at no. 5 and no. 6, so it's difficult to gauge just how the game is doing. I expect US numbers to be bad, though, just like they tend to be with the Forza mainline games. Americans tend to prefer arcade or cartoony racers like Mario Kart or Need for Speed, and Forza Horizon 3 did well here. 

X1Gates said:
StreaK said:

*Gran Turismo will do ok

17 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#7 NS Grey (same)
#15 SNES Classic (down 1)
#19 NS Mario (down 2)
#39 PS4 Pro Destiny (down 3)
#46 PS4 Slim (same)
#50 NS Neon (up 7)
#83 XBO S (down 4)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#9 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (down 1)
#10 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (up 1)
#20 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (up 3)
#27 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (down 1)*
#29 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (down 4)*
#31 XBO Call of Duty: WWII (same)*
#33 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (up 1)*
#38 PS4 Assassin's Creed Origins (down 3)

Does not affect this month: *

Around the Network

It's fairly obvious when a Switch SKU is out of stock. ha.

StreaK said:

it will do fine

4 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#7 NS Grey (same)
#15 SNES Classic (same)
#18 NS Mario (up 1)
#42 PS4 Pro Destiny (down 3)
#47 NS Neon (up 3)
#50 PS4 Slim (down 4)
#80 XBO S (up 3)

SOFTWARE (TOP 50 PREORDERS ONLY):
#1 NS Super Mario Odyssey (same)
#9 PS4 South Park: The Fractured but Whole (same)
#10 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (same)
#20 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (same)
#24 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (up 5)*
#26 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (up 1)*
#30 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (up 3)*
#31 XBO Call of Duty: WWII (same)*
#37 PS4 Assassin's Creed Origins (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *

Neon Switch is back in stock.

Where's Battlefront 2? You think people are boycotting because of pay to win loot boxes?

X1Gates said:
Where's Battlefront 2? You think people are boycotting because of pay to win loot boxes?

Amazon is only selling digital copies, so it's not really tracking well on their site.