By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever refused to play a game just because its on an "enemy" system?

Yep, I'll never touch anything on the Xbox.

Around the Network

Nope.

I have nice games, so I borrow the system I don't have for a certain game, once it's old.

I think its sad there are some games on system 'A' I won't be able to play because I won't be buying system 'A'

Especially since I have system B, spending hundreds on system A just isn't worth it for that game even though I want to play it badly

sad day :|

i think my thread does have some legitimacy to it. Fanboys will downplay other systems exclusives and will say "motorstorm is teh suXorZ" or whatever and will convince themselves so much that they won't want to play it when they have the opportunity to.

I think Viva Pinata is like 20 bucks now.

I want to get Rock Band (but not for Wii) so I might get another system (360 or PS3).

It might hang on the balance of what game I want more: Viva Pinata or MGS4.

Yes. To this day, I refuse to play anything on the 3DO.

Around the Network

Never have I not wanted to play a game because it was on a "enemy sytem", only that I don't want to own that system.

Nah, i'm a fan of the Xbox but i think Metal Gear Solid is going to win me over untill Gears of War 2 so i like to go where the great games are going to. I just defend Xbox when people say its rubbish because i payed money for the damn think and i know it's got good games.

I think there are problems when people won't give Xbox games such as Gears of War and Mass Effect a go because it's not on their system. Actually it really pees me off!

I also understand that people want to be sure in their minds that they didn't waste money on an obsolte console and it sure does suck having people say your console that you payed money for sucks. But i think everyone can rest assured that the market is in a safe posistion where Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo each have a fairly large portion of it which only they can cater for.

Also, Viva Pinata is awesome but that would be a game further down my list if i was going to play one of the Xbox exclusives.

I don't regard the PS3 as an "enemy," but I passed on playing Uncharted because I'm not willing to drop $400+ just to play one game.

As a side note, I've been blasé on Uncharted ever since I learned that the devs changed the character model for Elena. (And, yes, I'll be the first to admit how petty and stupid that sounds).

I follow games, not systems.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
I follow games, not systems.

you got that right. Give me some mario in the ps3, i'll be all over him, and i am straight.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)