By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - One thousandth post. An introduction thread and collection pics.

Ah that jab at the end, no idea why it's even there, but it's going to be there with anything in the future I guess

Good thing we have PC gamers that like to have a balance of both.

I'd like to game physically, but these days I find digital distribution to be more beneficial for my needs.

That said, we look at the console wars throughout the years to see that each side has claimed "superiority" over the others. Especially this gen in regards to "exclusives" and visuals.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

That was very nice to read! Sweet nostalgia hit me hard when reading your story. During all these past years we've seen such a huge number of amazing games, it's really a great time to be a gamer if you like to look back as well instead of just ahead. Your collection is fantastic! You have a very balanced taste and you own a truck load of iconic / classic games. AND you have Terranigma! My, how I loved it! It's a breathtaking masterpiece, isn't it?

Hey there. Read the whole thing. Don't know where to start with all that info. :) Ummmm, Combat was fun. Def a top 2600 game for me too. And I see you have U.N. Squadron. A fine shooter. I was lucky enough to find it in a small arcade once, where it went by it's original Japanese name, Area 88.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

GoOnKid said:

That was very nice to read! Sweet nostalgia hit me hard when reading your story. During all these past years we've seen such a huge number of amazing games, it's really a great time to be a gamer if you like to look back as well instead of just ahead. Your collection is fantastic! You have a very balanced taste and you own a truck load of iconic / classic games. AND you have Terranigma! My, how I loved it! It's a breathtaking masterpiece, isn't it?

Thankyou! I don't know how good it is. I've only heard things. I'm playing it next. A working SNES was needed first, since the sound card on a Retron 3 doesn't do it justice. 

pleaserecycle said:
Congrats on your 1000th post! I loved reading your gaming history. We're around the same age and I had a very similar experience. I wish I could go back in time and play Ocarina of Time or Banjo-Kazooie with my brother again. You also have an excellent selection of games. All killer no filler! Secret of Mana II for the SNES was a surprise. :D

Haha, thanks! Secret of Mana II is a repro cart. It never came out in the states. 

COKTOE said:

Hey there. Read the whole thing. Don't know where to start with all that info. :) Ummmm, Combat was fun. Def a top 2600 game for me too. And I see you have U.N. Squadron. A fine shooter. I was lucky enough to find it in a small arcade once, where it went by it's original Japanese name, Area 88.

Oh yeah it's a nice game. A little slowdown on the SNES but that's ok. 

Chazore said:
Ah that jab at the end, no idea why it's even there, but it's going to be there with anything in the future I guess  

Good thing we have PC gamers that like to have a balance of both.

I'd like to game physically, but these days I find digital distribution to be more beneficial for my needs.

That said, we look at the console wars throughout the years to see that each side has claimed "superiority" over the others. Especially this gen in regards to "exclusives" and visuals.

A balance of both? 

Cerebralbore101 said:

A balance of both? 

Ones that like a balance of gameplay/graphics, rather than just a complete one or the other. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Dang, I kinda wish I did a 1000th post thing, but that ship has sailed...

Good story though. It's a bit similar to mine. I had the pleasure of starting early in the console space and grow up along with the evolution of gaming from the bit days to its current amazing form. It's been a real joy

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cerebralbore101 said:
GoOnKid said:

Thankyou! I don't know how good it is. I've only heard things. I'm playing it next. A working SNES was needed first, since the sound card on a Retron 3 doesn't do it justice. 

Oh yes, the sound is critically important here. Some songs belong to my all time favorites ever. The ending theme for example made me cry like a little bitch ;(

Enjoy the ride, you will have a wonderful time.

Cloudman said:

Good story though. It's a bit similar to mine. I had the pleasure of starting early in the console space and grow up along with the evolution of gaming from the bit days to its current amazing form. It's been a real joy

Well, I guess you can do it for your 15,000th post

VGPolyglot said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I guess you can do it for your 15,000th post

Just maybe...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread