By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BotW getting Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Korean languages in 2018.

Nintendo seems to take China more seriously. They even have a MOBA game Arena of Valor which can be a killer app overthere.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Darwinianevolution said:
The Switch could do very well in China, if they play their cards right.

Isn't their average salary around $1,000 before tax? How can the average Chinese household afford a Switch?

Average Chinese household does not need to buy Switch in order Switch be successful for Nintendo in China. Population of China is 1.4 billion people, even if less than 1% of China population buys Switch we talking about millions of Switch consoles, China could easily become strongest country market for Nintendo after US and Japan.

the middle high class of china have as much money as most of the developed world, and they are as big as the entire population of the US so...

For those who get their games imported to Chinese regions, that's pretty good news for them

Wonder if Nintendo will officially re-enter the Chinese market though..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

TheBraveGallade said:
are you sure he said korean? cause I didn't see the kanji meaning korea anywhere in the subs.

Aonuma didn't say about  korean .   Simple chinese and traditional chinese.

Around the Network
TheBraveGallade said:

the middle high class of china have as much money as most of the developed world, and they are as big as the entire population of the US so...

Research tells me otherwise. Upper middle class is a household that makes $16k-$34k a year according to this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinas-middle-class-is-exploding-2016-8?IR=T

That's less than half the average US household income.

While there is a large number of them, the salary is low enough that the Switch can be considered out of reach of the upper middle class. Even the upper limit of the upper middle class definition ($34k per year) after taxes would get less than $1,600 a month after tax. The lower limit would be $600 a month.

the gaming market for Korea and China is pre-dominantly PC games. hopefully Nintendo can get something from these countries. Handheld gaming with BOTW would be great.

gabzjmm23 said:
the gaming market for Korea and China is pre-dominantly PC games. hopefully Nintendo can get something from these countries. Handheld gaming with BOTW would be great.

as for korea, console gaming is nearly dead, mostly because teens don't have time for games so the ps4 is mostly for young adults while 3ds targets a very yound audience.

switch can target both AND it becomes a much les niche product due to portability.