By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Off-Screen Nintendo Switch DOOM Footage

Barozi said:
Nautilus said:
The IGN footage is horrible to see due to the reflection cast on the screen.But reading the preview, it seems that its an excellent port.I would have liked that Bethesda said on what resolution amd frames the game runs, but from the footage, it seems that is at least a 30 fps locked.
All that power argument about Switch not being able to run third party games, for the most part, has been thrown out the window.

Thrown out of the window? If it does run at only 30FPS (which the Digital Foundry guy says btw.) even with lowered resolution and effects, then it's pretty much confirmed. The vast majority of games released by the big publishers don't use 60FPS for their games on Xbox One and PS4.

Read my previous post to know what I meant.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Nautilus said:
The IGN footage is horrible to see due to the reflection cast on the screen.But reading the preview, it seems that its an excellent port.I would have liked that Bethesda said on what resolution amd frames the game runs, but from the footage, it seems that is at least a 30 fps locked.
All that power argument about Switch not being able to run third party games, for the most part, has been thrown out the window.

Thrown out of the window? If it does run at only 30FPS (which the Digital Foundry guy says btw.) even with lowered resolution and effects, then it's pretty much confirmed. The vast majority of games released by the big publishers don't use 60FPS for their games on Xbox One and PS4.

So just about everything released about 2016 and before.  Sure some less demanding games can make it and the fps, sports and other genre ports will have 30 fps (I don't give a shit about fps unless it dips to 15 or 20) and/or downgraded graphics.  I see more of a Wii situation arising which third party companies start just making titles just for the system and not just trying to port every big title that they shit out.

Peh said:
Rumor on resolution is 540p in undocked.

Rumor is that has dynamic resolution that goes down to 540p.

caffeinade said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXxDKgqBWXA
Digital Foundry emulate the Switch version on PC.
They used a downclocked GT 1030.

I really don't see point of that video, they emulated the Switch version on PC and than compared to Doom footage from Nintendo Direct. :D

540p is fine for handheld. Hopefully it hits 720p when docked.

Very very impressive, for as much as I'm a, "put everything on Switch!!" guy, I think this is one that I'd opt for on PS4, even if I hadn't already played it.

Portable play is something the Switch version has over every other version, and they should sell it based on that, but FPS is one genre that I really don't prefer to play handheld.

On that GameSpot video it looks quite good.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Barozi said:

So just about everything released about 2016 and before.  Sure some less demanding games can make it and the fps, sports and other genre ports will have 30 fps (I don't give a shit about fps unless it dips to 15 or 20) and downgraded graphics.  I see more of a Wii situation arising which third party companies start just making titles just for the system and not just trying to port every big title that they shit out.

Ufff, I think this is somewhat improbale. I don't think 3rd parties will bother to make exclusives for the Switch (at least major western publishers), if they make something for the Switch, they'll try to port it elsewhere. The Wii got dozens of exclusives and spinoffs, but they could get away with it due to the relative cheap developing costs and the motion controlls. The Switch may become the main platform for japanese devs and some indies, but the base PS4 will say as the base power for western devs, and thus, a Switch port will inevitably have to deal with degrading the bigger games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Nautilus said:
This also makes me excited to see how metroid prime will end up looking, or if Retro decides to go for a more realistic approach with whatever they are doing, on how the final product will look like.

Retro is not doing Metroid. They said some new team is building it.

It is DOOM on the go... So, how can we really complain?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Looked good enough but I want to see how it plays docked.

Looks neat, actually. It's insane that we could play this game in a portable console. I guess it's 30fps, but still impressive.