By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 130 million switches by 2022?! Virtually impossible.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Because I'm the voice of reason during the temporary Switch craze.

Or it could be because literally your entire existence on this site is to contribute shitty threads that have no value, no interesting speculations, and just serve as a platform for you to call Nintendo kiddie or to say yet another negative thing about the Switch.

Believe it or not instead of creating an entire thread about your unoriginal opinion you can easily just go in any of the other threads and post a comment. Amazing, I know. 

I'm here before you go bye bye bro. See you in a few. I mean, I um... you know how I feel and it's similar to how you feel but yeah, I don't wanna get banned. Let me play taps for you. 

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Redundancy at its finest

I know I say similar things, but this 130 million claim is by far too outrageous. 

niceguygameplayer said:
How did I know it was you before I even clicked on the thread? Hahahaha

Because I'm the voice of reason during the temporary Switch craze.

I could have sworn it wasn't April fools yet

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

niceguygameplayer said:

Or it could be because literally your entire existence on this site is to contribute shitty threads that have no value, no interesting speculations, and just serve as a platform for you to call Nintendo kiddie or to say yet another negative thing about the Switch.

Believe it or not instead of creating an entire thread about your unoriginal opinion you can easily just go in any of the other threads and post a comment. Amazing, I know. 

I'm a leader, not a follower. I rarely post on other threads. You guys think my posts are "shitty" because you are mostly Nintendo fans. On N4G my posts would get many thumbs up. They are mostly Playstation fans. 

You're a leader? Anyone can write a thread on VGChartz. That doesn't make you a leader, especially when they are of this low quality. If you're a leader then who in the hell is following you?

And it doesn't have to do with me being a "Nintendo fan". I enjoy my Switch but I also enjoy numerous other devices. I don't think 130 million will happen, I think we'd be lucky to see the Switch break 100 million. You know what i'm not a fan of? People who just contribute their entire being on a website to negative say about a platform. I don't care if you think the Switch will sell x,y, and z. I know that will be your excuse, or you'll say something like - "I like kiddie games too guys, I bought Sonic Forces!" None of that changes your huge bias boner towards Nintendo which reeks and smells. I mean even in my worse days when I was constantly shitting on PS4 exclusives I didn't make threads about it and I didn't focus on just negative things. 

Honestly, what did Nintendo do to you as a child?

monocle_layton said:

I wanted to say this, but I know I'll be banned.

The sad thing is i'll probably get banned for it but honestly, these kind of users are just as bad as the people who intentionally troll. Even if it's not intentional someone's presence on the site should not be to hate on one particular thing.  People like Ruler or niceguygameplayer should honestly be banned.

Ljink96 said:

I'm here before you go bye bye bro. See you in a few. I mean, I um... you know how I feel and it's similar to how you feel but yeah, I don't wanna get banned. Let me play taps for you. 

I have no problem with what he said. If he feels my posts are shitty and worthless, that's his opinion. I don't think he should be banned. If you all feel the same, that's fine with me. But please man, 130 million in 5 years?

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:

niceguygameplayer said:

http://n4g.com/news/2102650/market-analyst-firm-expects-nintendo-to-sell-130-million-switches-by-2022

1.) I would understand if this was an April first joke, but cmon. Even the PS2 could not match that in only 5 years. The DS and Wii didn't either. Does this analyst firm have weed smoking parties? Even Pachter would not say such ridiculousness. 

2.) After demand is met, the games start winding down (I don't think Nintendo can possibly keep up this  first party release schedule for a second or third year), the novelty of the Switch wears off, and Sony and other companies copy the Switch formula, I think Switch sales will likely not even match PS4. PS5 will come and crush it in a couple of years, most likely. It may have switch like features. Or Sony may release a portable PS4 type of system that can be "docked" like the Switch. It would have to be digital download only. 

3.) I think the best idea to combat Switch is to make a unique system besides the PS5 or a portable PS4. PSP2 with docking would be awesome! As powerful as PS4 but with unique cartridge games just for the system. PS4 digital games could be downloaded on it for portable play. However, I don't think Sony has to copy Switch at all. The PS4 will continue to do great and when PS5 comes along, it will make Switch look archaic. 

I think Switch will do very well for two to three years and then taper off. Will it be a large success? I think it will. I think 75 million to 100 lifetime. 130 million in 5 years. Please. 

Okay, I've finally stopped laughing, so now I can reply.

1.) The end of 2022 is closer to six years, and DS did match that. Also, Pachter is infamous for wildly underestimating Nintendo. For reference, he thought that Switch would sell 5 million total throughout the entirety of 2017.

2.) Nintendo had to split development between two platforms before, but now they can focus solely on Switch. It's obvious that the frequency of first-party games will increase when compared to previous consoles. Also, Sony has already tried to take over Nintendo's share of the handheld market, and they failed miserably. What makes you think that a digital-only copycat device would slow down Switch at all?

3.) PSP2 already happened, and it was called Vita. Also, you literally just said in the previous paragraph that Switch sales will decline once Sony copies the Switch formula, but now you're saying that they don't have to copy it? Make up your mind.

4.) Almost no one here is expecting 130 million by the end of 2022, and I don't expect that either. But it's not outside the realm of possibility, since that would still put it behind DS sales over the same period.

Given that 'virtually impossible' still means there's a chance, you're probably more optimistic about this than some users of the forum. What you're looking for might be 'literally impossible'

Also I'll miss seeing you around for a while Alchemist, I feel similar to how you feel, but I don't want to get banned either

niceguygameplayer said:

I'm a leader, not a follower. I rarely post on other threads. You guys think my posts are "shitty" because you are mostly Nintendo fans. On N4G my posts would get many thumbs up. They are mostly Playstation fans. 

You're a leader? Anyone can write a thread on VGChartz. That doesn't make you a leader, especially when they are of this low quality. If you're a leader then who in the hell is following you?

And it doesn't have to do with me being a "Nintendo fan". I enjoy my Switch but I also enjoy numerous other devices. I don't think 130 million will happen, I think we'd be lucky to see the Switch break 100 million. You know what i'm not a fan of? People who just contribute their entire being on a website to negative say about a platform. I don't care if you think the Switch will sell x,y, and z. I know that will be your excuse, or you'll say something like - "I like kiddie games too guys, I bought Sonic Forces!" None of that changes your huge bias boner towards Nintendo which reeks and smells. I mean even in my worse days when I was constantly shitting on PS4 exclusives I didn't make threads about it and I didn't focus on just negative things. 

Honestly, what did Nintendo do to you as a child?

monocle_layton said:

I wanted to say this, but I know I'll be banned.

The sad thing is i'll probably get banned for it but honestly, these kind of users are just as bad as the people who intentionally troll. Even if it's not intentional someone's presence on the site should not be to hate on one particular thing.  People like Ruler or niceguygameplayer should honestly be banned.

I never hated on you or cussed at you, like you have done me. I never personally attack anyone, including you. I even said I don't think you should be banned for having your opinion in a response to another post. I wouldn't have you banned, but you would have me banned. That is why I'm a nice guy and others are not. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make that person bad and worthy of being banned. And as for me being repetitive, that is no reason to be banned either. 

niceguygameplayer said:

http://n4g.com/news/2102650/market-analyst-firm-expects-nintendo-to-sell-130-million-switches-by-2022

I would understand if this was an April first joke, but cmon. Even the PS2 could not match that in only 5 years. The DS and Wii didn't either. Does this analyst firm have weed smoking parties? Even Pachter would not say such ridiculousness. 

After demand is met, the games start winding down (I don't think Nintendo can possibly keep up this  first party release schedule for a second or third year), the novelty of the Switch wears off, and Sony and other companies copy the Switch formula, I think Switch sales will likely not even match PS4. PS5 will come and crush it in a couple of years, most likely. It may have switch like features. Or Sony may release a portable PS4 type of system that can be "docked" like the Switch. It would have to be digital download only. 

I think the best idea to combat Switch is to make a unique system besides the PS5 or a portable PS4. PSP2 with docking would be awesome! As powerful as PS4 but with unique cartridge games just for the system. PS4 digital games could be downloaded on it for portable play. However, I don't think Sony has to copy Switch at all. The PS4 will continue to do great and when PS5 comes along, it will make Switch look archaic. 

I think Switch will do very well for two to three years and then taper off. Will it be a large success? I think it will. I think 75 million to 100 lifetime. 130 million in 5 years. Please. 

Who ever said that the Switch was going to sell 130 million lifetime?