By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Doom release date leaked as December 13

caffeinade said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'll get Doom for the PS4, unlike Xenoblade which is a Switch exclusive.

Just wait for a Switch emulator in two years :)

Buy a Switch you pirate bum

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

That would fit nicely into my buying schedule. I was actually crossing my fingers for Doom as one of the third party ports we'd see go portable on the Switch. With "Odyssey" in October, "L.A. Noir" and "Skyrim" in November, and "Xenoblade" and "Doom" in December, it's going to be a busy year for my Switch.

"Rocket League" fits in there somewhere. "Rime" has been pre-ordered for an eternity. If "Payday 2" makes it's release this year, there's another title.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Johnw1104 said:
caffeinade said:

Just wait for a Switch emulator in two years :)

Well, given the Wii and Wii U borrowed heavily from the GameCube and that emulators were figuring out the Wii U shortly after launch, I imagine Nintendo has made it a touch more difficult this time around. That clean break from the predecessors may delay the emulators a few years.

Well it is not like ARM is That complicated.
And the GPU cores used are pretty much off the shelf cores found in most modern graphics cards (or similar enough).

I was joking, but I would not be surprised if we see an emulator before the end of the decade.

caffeinade said:
Johnw1104 said:

Well, given the Wii and Wii U borrowed heavily from the GameCube and that emulators were figuring out the Wii U shortly after launch, I imagine Nintendo has made it a touch more difficult this time around. That clean break from the predecessors may delay the emulators a few years.

And the GPU cores used are pretty much off the shelf cores found in most modern graphics cards (or similar enough).

I was joking, but I would not be surprised if we see an emulator before the end of the decade.

Or you could just buy the games like a regular person

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

caffeinade said:
Johnw1104 said:

I wouldn't be shocked to be sure; it seems like nintendo's consoles always get emulated faster than I expect heh

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
caffeinade said:

Yeah, but the only place to play in 4k+ will be on PC.

caffeinade said:
KrspaceT said:

Because that is a reason to play games on illegal servers. 4 K resolution 

December 13th happens to be a Wednesday, so I doubt it's the actual date.

KrspaceT said:
caffeinade said:

Because that is a reason to play games on illegal servers. 4 K resolution 

4k+, meaning beyond 4k.

People have even been hacking BotW to try and get it to run at 60 FPS using Cemu, so there is that too.

XBC2 is an offline game, as far as I am aware, no need for servers.

Nuvendil said:
Wyrdness said:
Switch is becoming quite bizarre platform for Nintendo, Mario and Doom on the same platform for the first time since the SNES but a holiday season of Odyssey, Skyrim RE, FE Warriors, Xenoblade 2, Doom Reboot and Zelda DLC.

That line up is very unorthodox for their platforms, Bethesda really want that potential gold mine of establishing themselves in the userbase hope they manage it tbh.

Uh, Doom 64 was a thing :P

Doom on the SNES was a thing too and Doom I & II for the GBA. Nintendo was always DOOMed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K69tleAhfkU