By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA : Gaming will become access-based like Spotify and Netflix

My Netflix and Hulu still has issues at times with buffering or resolution dropping due to signal issues. I cannot imagine streaming whole games with these problems.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Nymeria said:
My Netflix and Hulu still has issues at times with buffering or resolution dropping due to signal issues. I cannot imagine streaming whole games with these problems.

*Plays a game in 4K*

Hmm, this looks pretty good !

*Suddenly renders in 240p*

What the **ck !!!

Yes. More times than I care to count 1080p show drops to noticable 480p for a while.  It is jarring and annoying ona  show, inexcusable while gaming.

Nymeria said:
Mar1217 said:

*Plays a game in 4K*

Hmm, this looks pretty good !

*Suddenly renders in 240p*

What the **ck !!!

Yes. More times than I care to count 1080p show drops to noticable 480p for a while.  It is jarring and annoying ona  show, inexcusable while gaming.

I let my Netflix subscription lapse 2 years ago. It wasn't bad, but I always found myself buying what I liked on Blu-Ray for the superior quality in the end, and more often than not preemptively, so it wasn't a difficut choice.

And with games, we have the latancy issues to contend with as well.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wow fuck this. Steam already did it properly, why fucking reduce it to streaming?

Also, I kinda hate streaming since you don't own anything. If there's a game/music/show I really like, I'll try to buy the physical copy as much as possible.

Yes please : )