By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Sales Ranking - Week 99

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 12 February 2018

Around the Network

January was a horrible month for the Switch so I'm surprised that halfway through it's maintaining 200k+ but this is a good sign regardless. It's selling by hardware alone for sure. Speaking of, February is going to be better with Payday 2 and the Bayonetta ports but man, we need a Direct real soon, we need new games and their release dates. We haven't got a release date for any new game besides Kirby Star Allies :/

friendlyfamine said:
January was a horrible month for the Switch so I'm surprised that halfway through it's maintaining 200k+ but this is a good sign regardless. It's selling by hardware alone for sure. Speaking of, February is going to be better with Payday 2 and the Bayonetta ports but man, we need a Direct real soon, we need new games and their release dates. We haven't got a release date for any new game besides Kirby Star Allies :/

And Nintendo Labo, and Tropical Freeze...

So vgchartz still hasn’t adjusted for the 13M+ sold through announcement?

Lawlight said:

Yes, but it's has been 2 weeks of data since then. It's 14 million now.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Lawlight said:

But the sold through numbers were announced on the 1st of February.

Lawlight said:
xMetroid said:

This has already been discussed. Nintendos figures didnt include Latin America or Asia. So anywhere between 1.5-2 mil is being added. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Lawlight said:

This has already been discussed. Nintendos figures didnt include Latin America or Asia. So anywhere between 1.5-2 mil is being added. 

It’s part of Asia so probably the small countries as I would assume that Nintendo has numbers for the bigger countries like Japan and South Korea. LATAM is also a weak region for Nintendo in general. So will the Switch sell roughly 1.5M over the next 2 weeks in LATAM and those smaller Asian countries?

Lawlight said:

It’s part of Asia so probably the small countries as I would assume that Nintendo has numbers for the bigger countries like Japan and South Korea. LATAM is also a weak region for Nintendo in general. So will the Switch sell roughly 1.5M over the next 2 weeks in LATAM and those smaller Asian countries?

No, it's LT. Nintendo gave no figures for those regions whatsoever. I think it includes Africa and Oceania too.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Lawlight said:

No ... we pretty much know what they used for the 13 million figure. They made a chart detailing the sales of the Switch by week 47. It shows that Japan, America and Japan made up 12.5 million sales by January 21st. This lines up nicely from the figures from February 1st, so in all likely hood the figures were ONLY from Japan, America and Europe. Meaning huge countries like South Korea were not included.