By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ports on Nintendo Switch

In the case of the Swicth, I think it's a great idea seeing as many people didn't play the game on the Wii U.

Around the Network

It's difficult to say.

Personally, i would love some ports (really want Mario 3D World!), but for Switch's case, a console that is already lacking some really importante games, i don't think that it really benefits from having a lot of old ports.
Wii U had them at launch and people asked "why should i buy it".

For a console manufacturer, the ideal is that devs bring new games; gamers feel the same way. Developers are the ones that can be really happy about it because they will have a new market for them.

If things don't change, i'm afraid Switch will become a port machine in gamer's eyes as ports are frequent:
Street Fighter
Resident Evil Rev. 1 & 2
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2
Skyrim
L A Noire
Howlboy
Rayman Legends
Steep
MK 8
Pokken
Batman: The Telltale Series
Disgaea 5
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
a few other japanese games more
a "few" more Indie games

That's, 15 games?
If the list had all the games that were ported, it would be even bigger...
And this for a console that has been on the market for 6 months (10, if we include the ports that were announced and yet to release). It really is a lot.

TBH i think most of it is due t WiiU failing.

If it didn't fail we wouldn't see it to this extent.

I don't have a switch yet, but bring dark souls to it.

Bring neptunia and overwatch to switch 

Other games to consider

Naruto shippuden ninja strom collection

Wii sports

The first 10 mega man games

Undertale 

Tomodachi life

Pokemon diamond and pearl

Mario 64

Street fighter 4

Persona 4

Mother 3

Around the Network

If it's the definitive version of the port, then I'm definitely all for it. However, if that actually lies elsewhere with another console, then I'd have to say that I'd rather not get the Switch version. I guess those that only buy Nintendo consoles would like it, but for someone like me who is a multiplat gamer, I don't see the value in that.

I think it's cheap (artistically and creatively null) and hate them with a passion. It's probably generational though.

Ports doesn't mean there will not be new games, more games is good thing for any platform any way, including ports.

So I definitely want more Wii/WiiU/3DS/Vita/PS3/Xbox360/XB1/PS4 ports/remasters.

I guess though with the reveal that there is some minor VR code in the Switch's operating system and with the hope that a revised smaller Switch will come out with a built in 1080p screen there is still the hope that the Switch will get a VR visor it slips into and then many classic retro nintendo, wii, wii u, 360 and ps3 games will get Switch VR versions. Then there is a long line of ports I'd like to see but those will have the major enhancement of VR so not really the same game experience as before. I've a feeling though to get the very high frame rates required its more likely the Gamecube, wii and ps2 era games will be the main source of VR games on Switch rather than wii u, 360 and ps3. The recent Mario Kart VR game in Japan looks achievable on Switch to a much lower graphic level of course. It would end up looking more like a wii game but the same game experience. The motion controls and HD feedback of Switch are perfect for a VR experience. So if Nintendo really are going to make an improved Switch that is VR capable then I can't see ports being a problem in fact I think most people into VR will welcome them. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
I think it's cheap (artistically and creatively null) and hate them with a passion. It's probably generational though.

It's been this way since long before this generation. There were 3rd-4th cross-gen games, quite a bit actually.