By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 28th Aug - 3rd Sep 2017

Kerotan said:

Charts from Hiska-San. PS4 strectching it's lead over PS3 nicely. Going to be a big gap come next March. PS4 is up 357k sales over last year. Next week the release of the slim will reduce that. Then in a few months we have the PS4 Pro launch and then FFXV. I think it should deinitely beat last years sales. I'd be excpecting at least 1.9m this year but I'm hoping for 2m. 

Placing the Switch against all the big boys... Meany!

I mean, intergenerational population decline is probably enough to make it impossible for the Switch to ever reaching the ludicrous numbers the DS produced later on...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network

better start for everybody golf than expected

p0isonparadise said:
Nintendo - 76,458 (71.5%)
Sony - 30,444 (28.4%)
Microsoft - 78 (0.1%)

It's almost cruel to include Microsoft at this point.

Signature goes here!

p0isonparadise said:
Kerotan said:

Has the xbox X been confirmed for Japan? With it's high price I can't imagine numbers will be pretty. 

Phil says it's going to be released in Japan, but no date has been announced. 

Phil says a lot of things so I won't hold my breath. 

palou said:
Kerotan said:

Charts from Hiska-San. PS4 strectching it's lead over PS3 nicely. Going to be a big gap come next March. PS4 is up 357k sales over last year. Next week the release of the slim will reduce that. Then in a few months we have the PS4 Pro launch and then FFXV. I think it should deinitely beat last years sales. I'd be excpecting at least 1.9m this year but I'm hoping for 2m. 

Placing the Switch against all the big boys... Meany!

I mean, intergenerational population decline is probably enough to make it impossible for the Switch to ever reaching the ludicrous numbers the DS produced later on...

I'm not comparing it hiska-kun is. The Switch is a hybrid so it has benefits no past console on that graph had.  And if it had enough stock it wouldn't be lagging behind so the comparison is fair. 

Someone is pushing it too much.....

Great switch sales, ps4 and 3DS in the normal summer sales range. Nothing else is worth mention it

Around the Network

Good hold for Switch and Splatoon 2. Everybody's Golf had a good first week, already exceeding 100K physical sales. Nights of Azure 2 is a huge bomba.

I don't get it. What is Everybody's Golf and why is everyone excited for it?

Regardless, nice to see Splatoon 2 do 50k. I seem to remember it doing consistently 50k-75k, so if it can keep doing that every week it should grow to be one of the biggest titles on Switch. If it did 50k theoretically from now till the end of the year, that would be another 875k right there, making it 1,931,500 in Japan alone. That probably won't happen, but if the holiday sales spike enough it could still do a lot. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
tbone51 said:

Not really, numbers would still be similar, its splatoon. Its not selling high because its bundled. Going by some numbers seen on gaf some weeks splat2 bundle is 50% of sold switches sometimes highrr/lower.

That said 2 weeks ago splat2 sold higher than 160% of switch hardware so your opinion of being a little bit inflated is a bit off

That's not true at all. Remove the bundles and it will not sell 50K this week. I am seeing it at 30-35k range this week. 

Got this from Gaf and Credit Chris.

Bic Camera lotteries September 03
Nintendo Switch Splatoon 2 Set - 2.100 (13 stores)
Nintendo Switch Neon Blue/Neon Red - 0 (0 stores)
Nintendo Switch Gray - 500 (3 stores)

Total - 2.600 (16 stores)
Just use this examples and you can see how numbers is inflated when you look at the big picture. You know the Switch sitation and it sell out all the Switch available.

To further prove my point.

Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 7th - 13th Aug 2017

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231029&page=1

Splatoon at 88K.
Switch at 87K

Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 14th - 20th August 2017

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231198&page=1I

Switch at 22k
Splatoon at 34 K

Then Splatoon went up to 50K when Ninty rolled out another batch of Switch the following week (Splatoon bundles are included). 

Just to point out it's a great sales regardless if it's bundled or not because Splatoon is a great game and having a great legs because of it. I am just looking it at another point of view because I am vurious on how it will fare without the bundles.

If there were no bundles, these would be covered by extra not bundled ones, making the same number of hardware. Then Splatoon 2 standalone numbers would be higher making the same number of this week. 

Switch is selling because Splatoon 2, not the only way around. With or without bundles.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't get it. What is Everybody's Golf and why is everyone excited for it?

Regardless, nice to see Splatoon 2 do 50k. I seem to remember it doing consistently 50k-75k, so if it can keep doing that every week it should grow to be one of the biggest titles on Switch. If it did 50k theoretically from now till the end of the year, that would be another 875k right there, making it 1,931,500 in Japan alone. That probably won't happen, but if the holiday sales spike enough it could still do a lot. 

It won't happen because it will sell the double of that.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Famitsu is up

https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

The gap between the PS versions of Nights of Azure 2 and the Switch version is even wider (switch < 13% of total).

Sellthrough is decent for PS4, bad for Vita and Switch.

What happened today is tremendously important : think, what is the point of releasing NoA2 on Switch, apart from the fact that KT must give something in exchange of publishing FE Warriors in Japan (the real reason)? KT is checking if what I call the pure Nintendo audience (people who solely own Nintendo systems) might be interested in their games. And today, the pure Nintendo audience clearly demonstrated its disdain.

But the second phenomenon is that by starting a Switch version (which no one wanted) halfway, they sacrified the PS4 version with a long delay and subpar graphics, this being outrageous to the existing NoA fanbase on PS4/PSV which automatically buy less. Therefore, KT loses on both sides and goes straight into the wall if they pursue that strategy. They must stop the alliance with Nintendo, otherwise they may damage their Gust brand beyond repair.

As a sidenote, very good 2nd week for Shin Yomawari. Probably not trailing too far from the 1st one now. As Yomawari 1 sold several times its costs, the sequel must be good profit for NIS.