By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

PortisheadBiscuit said:

I just took a gander at the top wish list on amazon, nintendo products hold 8 of the top 10 spots

https://www.amazon.com/gp/most-wished-for/videogames/ref=zg_bsar_tab_t_mw

I think if Nintendo can keep up with demand they'll take November and December NPDs. 

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
flashfire926 said:
I don't get the arguments of that xbox one won't win an nod month ever again. I mean, november is basically a lock for xbox. It will probably win December too.

How even is a lock? PS4 so far is up YOY by a huge margin, so at worst it won't do much worse than last year, which was 1.1 million.

The XB1 did 1 million last year, and if before the One S released in Agust the comparation showed a 20/30% YOY decline for the original and S model, now we see a 50% YOY decline, which is not gonna change this holiday, if not get even worse.

So, unless you think XB1X will do better numbers than the XB1S, something that, actually, not even Microsoft expect, XB1 won't win November NPD, and if it will, the difference will be super close, definitively is not even close to be a "lock" right now.

And not only PS4 but also Switch will probabily beat Xbox one too, really this holiday won't change that much expect it should be closer but that's all.

Last November Xbox had no new launches an it did 1.0m. Meanwhile PS4 pro launched in that same month when PS4 did 1.1m. Unlike PS4 pro, Microsoft are making a racket about the One X, and advertising it considerably more than PS4 pro. It is a lock. I'll bet on it.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

SNES is 1st and Switch Neon is 2nd on amazon now.
Gray Switch is 11th

flashfire926 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

How even is a lock? PS4 so far is up YOY by a huge margin, so at worst it won't do much worse than last year, which was 1.1 million.

The XB1 did 1 million last year, and if before the One S released in Agust the comparation showed a 20/30% YOY decline for the original and S model, now we see a 50% YOY decline, which is not gonna change this holiday, if not get even worse.

So, unless you think XB1X will do better numbers than the XB1S, something that, actually, not even Microsoft expect, XB1 won't win November NPD, and if it will, the difference will be super close, definitively is not even close to be a "lock" right now.

And not only PS4 but also Switch will probabily beat Xbox one too, really this holiday won't change that much expect it should be closer but that's all.

Last November Xbox had no new launches an it did 1.0m. Meanwhile PS4 pro launched in that same month when PS4 did 1.1m. Unlike PS4 pro, Microsoft are making a racket about the One X, and advertising it considerably more than PS4 pro. It is a lock. I'll bet on it.

And last year Xbox one was outselling PS4 for many months, in October we saw a very big Xbox one victory, with almost 100k more than PS4.

Now PS4 is selling double than Xbox one, do you really don't see how much the trend changed? Talking about last year performance ignoring how this year looks so far makes no sense.

Every year around this time the xbox fans think the tide is turning lol, never ceases to amuse me.

Enough about that though, is amazon low on PS4 stock? i don't seem to understand why its been so low in the chart recently if its not

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Nuvendil said:

*for Prime Members...

Assholes.  

It is a way to stop scalpers. Consider it the lesser of two evils.

Well let's not misconstrue a side benefit with the actual goal.  

I just realized that the Nintendo 2DS was released 4 years ago... old feels.

Amazing how high the Switch gets even though it's exclusive to Prime members which is definitely quite the handicap.

bluedawgs said:
Every year around this time the xbox fans think the tide is turning lol, never ceases to amuse me.

Enough about that though, is amazon low on PS4 stock? i don't seem to understand why its been so low in the chart recently if its not

Yup, Amazon is having some big stock issues. Prices for the Uncharted 4 bundle are around $300 if you want it immediately, but then it's just Amazon fulfilling another company's order, if you want it directly from Amazon you'll have to wait until October 7th. The normal slim simply isn't popular because it's $294 without a game, and the Pro never has really been a big hit on the rankings.

Green098 said:
Amazing how high the Switch gets even though it's exclusive to Prime members which is definitely quite the handicap.

You can do the free trial for a month, right? I think a lot of people just want the system for the suggested retail price. I don't blame them.