By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
X1Gates said:
This thread seems dead lately. I remember during the time of the ps4 sailing high these threads were very popular. Now that the switch is excelling and the XOX about to drop it is deserted??

You mean those times when you disappeared entirely? I don't know how you have to cheek to post something like this. I'm sure you're going to be a regular contributor to this thread even after the Scorpio/XB1 falls back into third place ... 

*Fourth, below the 3DS.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Damn, i hope people survived withouth me. Don't worry guys, the dark ages are over, Ryng is there again.

Welcome back

Bandorr said:
I'm interested in watching how the Xbox ranks. Lately they have only had one game early on (Quantum break / Halo wars 2) and then dumped everything into September/October (Forza&Gears, Forza&Cuphead)

But with delays they will have multiple games coming out early next day. Sea of thieves, that zombie sequel, crackdown 3.

That should help them get over their slump like they had this year.

So with a "new" system and spread out games it may be interesting to watch the placement of it on the sales charts.

I expect  nothing  special, ps4 will have a gigantic  couple  of months in the beginning  of 2018 with its general  god of war.

Also veryy  likely  sony  will drop the  ps4 to 200( even 180) when xonex drops in europe.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Bandorr said:
I'm interested in watching how the Xbox ranks. Lately they have only had one game early on (Quantum break / Halo wars 2) and then dumped everything into September/October (Forza&Gears, Forza&Cuphead)

But with delays they will have multiple games coming out early next day. Sea of thieves, that zombie sequel, crackdown 3.

That should help them get over their slump like they had this year.

So with a "new" system and spread out games it may be interesting to watch the placement of it on the sales charts.

Originally, I'd assumed the Scorpio would dominate (by what degree I couldn't say) for about 3 months and then slowly return to the norm, but with the success of the Switch -- something I DID actually think could happen -- I'm now considering a 2 month period of success, but not necessarily domination. We may even see only 1 month of domination although I'm still going to play it safe and say X1gates will only be a regular contributor for 2 months, and then he'll just be popping in when the Switch or the PS4 is temperarily out of stock to suggest the XB1 is 'killing it', as normal.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Originally, I'd assumed the Scorpio would dominate (by what degree I couldn't say) for about 3 months and then slowly return to the norm, but with the success of the Switch -- something I DID actually think could happen -- I'm now considering a 2 month period of success, but not necessarily domination. We may even see only 1 month of domination although I'm still going to play it safe and say X1gates will only be a regular contributor for 2 months, and then he'll just be popping in when the Switch or the PS4 is temperarily out of stock to suggest the XB1 is 'killing it', as normal.

Do you think the Xbox One will take an NPD this year?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Damn, i hope people survived withouth me. Don't worry guys, the dark ages are over, Ryng is there again.

Welcome back!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

ThisGuyFooks said:
GribbleGrunger said:

It should take November, just based on how many months of hype they have put behind the X and the crazy cost cutting I'm certain they're going to do with the S. 

ThisGuyFooks said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Before the huge success of the Switch, I would have said yes, but I'm not so certain now. For me it depends entirely on whether enough current owners of the XB1 will upgrade to the Scorpio. Those outside of the brand and looking to either purchase another console or their first console are likely to go for the Switch or the PS4, largely due to the fact both consoles have identifiable true console 'exclusives' where as the XB1 literally has none. The dynamic I see is PS4/Switch pulling from one direction and PC persuading from the other (taking into account XB1 games can be played there too). Just on the merit of preorders, I think they'll take at least 1 month, but I'm really not certain about the 3 I initially considered.

I could be entirely wrong on this though. We'll see.

The PS5 Exists. 

4+ days since the last update

HARDWARE:
#8 SNES Classic (re-entry)
#43 NES Classic (re-entry)
#50 NS Grey (up 11)
#74 NS Neon (down 16)
#76 PS4 Slim (up 10)
#77 PS4 Pro (down 6)
#83 PS4 Uncharted 4 (up 17)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)
#3 NS Super Mario Oddysey (-)*
#10 NS Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition (new entry)*
#31 PS4 Okami HD (down 7)*
#55 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (down 1)*
#58 3DS Pokémon Ultra Sun (down 25)*
#64 XB1 Call of Duty: WWII (up 3)*
#66 3DS Pokémon Ultra Moon (down 28)*
#67 PS4 South Park: The Fractured But Whole (down 3)*
#71 PS4 Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (re-entry)*
#72 XB1 Forza 7 (new entry)*
#73 NS Fire Emblem Warriors (up 8)*
#78 PS4 Gran Turismo Sport (up 14)*
#88 3DS Mario & Luigi Superstar Sage + Browser's Minions (down 14)*
#97 PS4 Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (new entry)*

Does not affect this month: *

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NS: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
SNES: 1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NES: 1 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

ThisGuyFooks said:
GribbleGrunger said:

The real question is if Xbox one will ever win a NPD month again. Because let's be real, if XB1 does not win a month in 2017, there are seriusly very low chance it will win a NPD in 2018, literally impossible in 2019 and after that.