By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

X1Gates said:
This thread seems dead lately. I remember during the time of the ps4 sailing high these threads were very popular. Now that the switch is excelling and the XOX about to drop it is deserted??

You mean those times when you disappeared entirely? I don't know how you have to cheek to post something like this. I'm sure you're going to be a regular contributor to this thread even after the Scorpio/XB1 falls back into third place ... 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
X1Gates said:
This thread seems dead lately. I remember during the time of the ps4 sailing high these threads were very popular. Now that the switch is excelling and the XOX about to drop it is deserted??

You mean those times when you disappeared entirely? I don't know how you have to cheek to post something like this. I'm sure you're going to be a regular contributor to this thread even after the Scorpio/XB1 falls back into third place ... 

Cheeky is my middle name. I will be around for a long time to come and will be updating this thread with XOX numbers on constistent basis. The XOX sales will bring life back into this dead thread. 

FIT_Gamer said:
X1Gates said:

It's been dead for a while. Ever since Xbox One started selling a Wii U numbers. 

The people are waiting for greatness. Why buy a slim when a 4K beast round the corner? 

It's not like last year when the PRO launched and the sales of the base ps4 never really declined because the consumer (rightly so) saw no True difference between them. Whereas there is a significant difference in power between the X1S and XOX thus people wait for the superior product. 

X1Gates said:

well as a PS fan, I can tell you I'm terrified

i thought PS4 would outsell Xbox One by 50m this gen. After seeing these preorders, I think the gap might only be 49m. It's been a sobering time for us PS fans, no wonder some are staying away to spare their blushes

X1Gates said:

The people are waiting for greatness. Why buy a slim when a 4K beast round the corner? 

It's not like last year when the PRO launched and the sales of the base ps4 never really declined because the consumer (rightly so) saw no True difference between them. Whereas there is a significant difference in power between the X1S and XOX thus people wait for the superior product. 

Let me point to Mat Piscatella's comment:

"This late in the cycle, people that are coming into the generation as new customers are, by definition, late majority buyers (Moore's definition from Crossing the Chasm, which is essential reading for fans of console/tech sales imo). These folks are more price oriented than anything, and they're far more likely to choose a One S or Slim model than come in at a higher priced iterative model designed for the more Core audience that was likely in on this gen very early."

Those people who are waiting for the "superior" product are largely those who already own an XB1. Half of the Pro's userbase owned a PS4 prior to upgrading. Considering the even larger price disparity between the XB1S and the XB1X, the proportion of the XB1X userbase that previously owned an XB1 will likely be larger than half. It should also be noted that the PS4 has been up YOY on NPD this year, showing that the XB1X has not taken away many sales from the PS4.

Around the Network

On amazon there's no surprise to see MHW still #1 but it's surprising to see fifa #2.

X1Gates said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Cheeky is my middle name. I will be around for a long time to come and will be updating this thread with XOX numbers on constistent basis. The XOX sales will bring life back into this dead thread. 

When you say 'constant', do you mean 'while the XB1 leads'? I know what I'm putting my money on. Are you Crapgamer by any chance? That's a serious question.

The PS5 Exists. 

Mario Odyssey still killing it!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Damn, i hope people survived withouth me. Don't worry guys, the dark ages are over, Ryng is there again.

Bandorr said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Damn, i hope people survived withouth me. Don't worry guys, the dark ages are over, Ryng is there again.

Who are you again?

Splatoon defence force.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(