By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
Pionner said:
374 in the U.S. Huh?

Did you get back on Gaf?

That wasn't for gaf. That was about this site. I was having problems again like before. I got randomly signed back in as you can notice.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network
Green098 said:
Medisti said:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is passed Breath of the Wild and Horizon: Zero Dawn on the yearly rankings. Nintendo and Guerrilla Games build their huge open world experiences that release around the same time and battle in the fanboy wars; meanwhile, Nintendo releases what I'm sure was a reasonably inexpensive port of an older game that outsells the lot of them. It really makes you think.

Lol, but to be fair Mario Kart 8 was very limited by the Wii U install base. Mario Kart is a series that has the fanbase upwards of 30 million, 8 million sales wasn't close to it's full potential and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be proof of that.

You're right, but I just meant it's funny how much effort went into H:ZD and BotW yet the quick port made way more money, and the original release sold more than either of them may as well. Mario Kart is a money press.

Bandorr said:
X1X didn't stay #1 very long. Hard to say low stock. I mean switch ha(s/d) low stock and would stay #1 for at least a week.
PS4 gold stayed at number 1 for longer when it was sold out too.

This means the 1X is selling well but not insanely well. November should be good for MS, but i'm not expecting any record numbers. It's still a $500 console.

Nobody come at me with fanboy nonsense. This is my opinion looking at Amazon.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

WebMasterFlex said:
PS4 Slim bundle with UC4 should be at $249 now and not at $299

It's sold out anyhow. I wonder if Sony is going to roll with the slim offers they have now (only the 1tb without a game) until the COD bundle releases for $299. Their sales are likely going to be lower in September and October than I thought they would be. SCEA always has a strange strategy, considering the constant bombardment of bundles that release in Europe. They seem to only like to release one bundle at a time, and they tend not to strike when the iron is hot. The Xbox One S might even pull close for a month or two, considering it has a $249 Madden bundle that even came with a free game during Destiny week. I don't understand why SCEA is so much less agressive than Sony Europe, considering the US is a far more competitive market. 

I think the difference is not down to lower sales between switch and the x. I think it's more a case of scalpers using bots to overbuy all stock at an insane rate, compared to genuine people buying the x in a normal way for these limited methods.

Around the Network

SMO Killing it!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Bandorr said:
Watching the X1X skin is kinda interesting.
It didn't stay at number one very long. But it also isn't sinking like a rock.
Seems to lose 2 or 3 placements a day.

Usually out of stock items once they start to fall, fall usually pretty fast don't they. From #1, to not even on the front page.

You didnt see the Switch?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Speaking of the Switch, it's been 5 weeks since a restock.

celador said:

i wonder if strong preorder numbers will make up for a miserable 10 months of sales. I'm sure MS will be vocal regardless and pretend the last 10 months didn't happen

and lol about Xbox winning the next gen because X sells a few million

and Mario is doing really well, not surprising

I think best case scenario, X helps it stay flat with last year.  So, ~8M.  At that point, sales will still only be ~36M for XBO.  And with little but the boast of power to push XBO sales, next year we will see it start to slide, again.  Especially since next year I fully expect to start hearing more concrete rumors about the PS5, with a possible release in 2019.  What mystic the X has will be gone.  Personally, I don't see the XBO getting over 50M when all is said and done.

Bandorr said:
Watching the X1X skin is kinda interesting.
It didn't stay at number one very long. But it also isn't sinking like a rock.
Seems to lose 2 or 3 placements a day.

Usually out of stock items once they start to fall, fall usually pretty fast don't they. From #1, to not even on the front page.

I think the gold PS4 and the Switch managed to stay at #1 for a longer period than the XB1X. I should probably look at the previous threads to see if this is true.