By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids is much better than I anticipated, anyone playing it?...your thoughts?

best game released in August.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

My Brother has been playing it. Looks great. Definitely a new franchise within a franchise. I can see a future sequal

That seems to be the general consensus. I thought it looked stupid, but... it's actually quite good? I feel I def gotta check it out at some point in time.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

TorterraBoy said:
JWeinCom said:
Anyone else get a banjo kazooie vibe from the music?

Same composer who did Banjo kazooie and DK64 and Yooka Laylee did this game

That makes sense then.

TorterraBoy said:
JWeinCom said:
Anyone else get a banjo kazooie vibe from the music?

Same composer who did Banjo kazooie and DK64 and Yooka Laylee did this game

That makes sense then.

Around the Network

Just entered World 2, but before that I went back and I did all challenges in World 1, and I have to say, I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Some points that make this game stand out from other strategy games in my opinion:

1- Freedom of movement: I personally haven't played a strategy game with these many options for movement/attack before. Is amazing, and satisfying, how you can dash, team jump, go in a pipe, etc, all of that to increase your movement to get better positions and get extra hits on enemies.

2- Freedom in skill tree: I absolutely love how you can change the skill tree at any time you want, I didn't pay much attention to this until I did the challenges in World 1, some of them are quite difficult, so when I lost, I went back to the skill tree and start adding or removing skills for the particular scenarios, it felt so good when a strategy I had worked due to the changes I made on the skills. The only potential problem I see with this is that later in the game when you have more skills points, this necessity of changing skills won't be required, since you will have the majority of them unlocked.

3- Unlike XCOM (obviously he easiest comparison there is), where there's a 'random' percentage to hit an enemy, Mario+Rabbids only has 3 percentages, 0%, 50% and 100%. There's nothing more frustrating than when in XCOM you have a 90%+ chance to hit an enemy and it doesn't connect, Mario+Rabbids removes that frustration, but still leaves room for less annoying randomness; for example: the enemy has 40 HP left and you have 100% chance to hit it, but your weapon has a damage range of 35-45, that means there is a chance that you won't kill it if you hit less than 40, this is offset because you can then use maybe a dash or a stomp jump to finish the enemy.

Anyway, I'm really really liking this game so far, hopefully it will continue to be like this until the end.

Nintendo and PC gamer