By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's speak/write in Japanese!

VGPolyglot said:

今晩は!私は日本語で書きたいです。日本語を勉強します、誰も勉強しますか。

Just a couple notes.

you don't need the watashi ha in the second sentence. It is always assume that you are the subject.
Also, when you're talking about a topic, it's better to use the -tain desu ending. (kakitai~n desu)

Lastly, before a comma, you should get used to the -te form, as it flows slightly better,
nihongo wo benkyou shite, dare mo benkyou shimasuka?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
VGPolyglot said:

今晩は!私は日本語で書きたいです。日本語を勉強します、誰も勉強しますか。

Just a couple notes.

you don't need the watashi ha in the second sentence. It is always assume that you are the subject.
Also, when you're talking about a topic, it's better to use the -tain desu ending. (kakitai~n desu)

Lastly, before a comma, you should get used to the -te form, as it flows slightly better,

Thanks for the suggestions. I am familiar with te form, just didn't know that i was supposed to do that. Also, it's really hard for me to read Japanese in roumaji, it just looks so weird!

VGPolyglot said:
theprof00 said:

Just a couple notes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am familiar with te form, just didn't know that i was supposed to do that. Also, it's really hard for me to read Japanese in roumaji, it just looks so weird!

haha yeah I know, I hate romaji too.

But yeah, there are a lot of weird rules, one of the quirky ones is 'don't have a dictionary form of a word twice in one sentence'. There are like a dozen ways to mitigate multiple verbs haha. It can be very confusing.

VGPolyglot said:
WolfpackN64 said:
どこで日本語を勉強するか。

大学で勉強します。日本に行きたいですが、金がありません。:-(

残念ですね…私も大学で日本語を勉強しています。二度日本に行った。

WolfpackN64 said:
VGPolyglot said:

大学で勉強します。日本に行きたいですが、金がありません。:-(

そうですか。日本で何をしましたか。

Around the Network

arubaito de nihon no wakamono to issho ni shigoto wo shite iru. Kare ha totemo subayaku hanasu. etooou, rikai suru koto ha hijou ni muzukashii.

Ni Hou

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Ni Hou

我也学习汉语!可是这里我要练习日语。

VGPolyglot said:
WolfpackN64 said:

そうですか。日本で何をしましたか。

行旅する。東京や京都や金沢市を見った。

WolfpackN64 said:
VGPolyglot said:

そうですか。日本で何をしましたか。

行旅する。東京や京都や金沢市を見った。