By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Let's speak/write in Japanese!

NATO said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

ノットヂスシットアゲン!

Unlike most in this thread, I do not need the help of Google to sound like a retard.

Really? Because you are making the exact same errors google translate makes. 

The text I typed out was a reference to some shoop I saw a while back with the lyrics "Not this shit again" and it crudely transliterated into katakana.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
どこで日本語を勉強するか。

大学で勉強します。日本に行きたいですが、金がありません。:-(

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Wish I knew Japanese :(

It's never too late to start!!

VGPolyglot said:

今晩は!私は日本語で書きたいです。日本語を勉強します、誰も勉強しますか。

Just a couple notes.

you don't need the watashi ha in the second sentence. It is always assume that you are the subject.
Also, when you're talking about a topic, it's better to use the -tain desu ending. (kakitai~n desu)

Lastly, before a comma, you should get used to the -te form, as it flows slightly better,
nihongo wo benkyou shite, dare mo benkyou shimasuka?

theprof00 said:
VGPolyglot said:

今晩は!私は日本語で書きたいです。日本語を勉強します、誰も勉強しますか。

Just a couple notes.

you don't need the watashi ha in the second sentence. It is always assume that you are the subject.
Also, when you're talking about a topic, it's better to use the -tain desu ending. (kakitai~n desu)

Lastly, before a comma, you should get used to the -te form, as it flows slightly better,

Thanks for the suggestions. I am familiar with te form, just didn't know that i was supposed to do that. Also, it's really hard for me to read Japanese in roumaji, it just looks so weird!

VGPolyglot said:
theprof00 said:

Just a couple notes.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am familiar with te form, just didn't know that i was supposed to do that. Also, it's really hard for me to read Japanese in roumaji, it just looks so weird!

haha yeah I know, I hate romaji too.

But yeah, there are a lot of weird rules, one of the quirky ones is 'don't have a dictionary form of a word twice in one sentence'. There are like a dozen ways to mitigate multiple verbs haha. It can be very confusing.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
WolfpackN64 said:
どこで日本語を勉強するか。

残念ですね…私も大学で日本語を勉強しています。二度日本に行った。

WolfpackN64 said:
VGPolyglot said:

残念ですね…私も大学で日本語を勉強しています。二度日本に行った。

そうですか。日本で何をしましたか。

arubaito de nihon no wakamono to issho ni shigoto wo shite iru. Kare ha totemo subayaku hanasu. etooou, rikai suru koto ha hijou ni muzukashii.

Ni Hou

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Captain_Yuri said:
Ni Hou

我也学习汉语!可是这里我要练习日语。