By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Fallout 4 GOTY Edition Nintendo Switch listed on Spanish store

ThisGuyFooks said:
fleischr said:
Megaton if true, but doubt it as we have Skyrim this fall as well. However, I'd likely go for both on Switch!

Would really crank up the pressure on Square to bring RPGs to Switch.

... and how about a Pip boy themed Switch holder!

Im all for the portability of these games, but with all due respect....a Megaton?

I know Nintendo Consoles has been suffering from extreme lack of 3rd party support, but this is a game that released on basically everything like Skyrim.

Nintendo fans should ask for this to be the norm.

I dont intend any ill will towards anybody, but im honestly getting sick of this type of attitude. You dont see PS or Xbox guys like "Wow! Fifa 18 is releasing on the console this year!". It is how it supposed to be!

I wish Nintendo fans turn down the dial just a little bit because it is getting overwhelming, at least for me.

The front page has been flooded with "This game is coming to Switch" "That game is coming to Switch". There is NO need for a new thread EVERY time a game is confirmed for the Switch.

End of Rant.

It would be the first 3rd party AAA game 8th gen-exclusive game to arrive on Switch.

The reality is that Switch is getting a deluge of games. Many great indies - but something of this level of production value is worthy of the attention.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
This shit does not even run properly on ps4 i wonder how shit the framerate is if this is true, its not but ok.

Fallout 4 for both XB1 and PS4 runs at 1080p. I can see it working just fine if they drop resolution to 720p in docked mode and drop texture details, AA and drawing distance in handheld. It will look like shit, but it's plausible.

The primary reason Fallout 4 has dramatic frame drops is that the outdated engine doesn't handle shadows very well. That being said, the situation has improved a lot since launch and they could always simply turn them way down. I did that with my old PC.

The RAM situation, though, might be problematic. Fallout 4 can have thousands of object and environment changes to remember in a save-game. It really has a massive amount of stuff going on.

That price makes me skeptical more than anything, though. Fallout 4 has some excellent DLC that offers a ton of additional content. A GOTY edition would be well worth full price. Hard to see them not selling it for that at first.

Miyamotoo said:
Nem said:
I can't believe it until i see it. I can't imagine the switch running the game at an acceptable fps when the base X1 and PS4 struggled to do so.

Well nobody said that game on Switch will be 1080p and have same graphics like PS4.

So... you think they would make a downgraded version of one of their two flagship series? Because Skyrim switch is still an improvement over the original. 

It would take a whole lot of work to port Fallout 4 (having to redo models and envyronment assets). Again, i don't believe it until i see it, and even if true, wich is unlikely, i would question what Bethesda is doing with their resources, wasting them on a downgrade rather than working on the next TES.

Nem said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well nobody said that game on Switch will be 1080p and have same graphics like PS4.

So... you think they would make a downgraded version of one of their two flagship series? Because Skyrim switch is still an improvement over the original. 

It would take a whole lot of work to port Fallout 4 (having to redo models and envyronment assets). Again, i don't believe it until i see it, and even if true, wich is unlikely, i would question what Bethesda is doing with their resources, wasting them on a downgrade rather than working on the next TES.

Of Course they would if they think they can make some profit. Skyrim for Switch is definitely downgraded in some way compared to PS4/XB1 versions of Skyrim Special Edition.

I dont think it would need to redo models and environment assets, it could use version similar like low settings on PC or something similar.I dont say this is true, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they are porting F4 on Switch. Porting/downgrading of existing games doesn't have anything with working on new games, especially if they can make profit, scale of teams, resources and required time for both things can't be compared.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Im all for the portability of these games, but with all due respect....a Megaton?

I know Nintendo Consoles has been suffering from extreme lack of 3rd party support, but this is a game that released on basically everything like Skyrim.

Nintendo fans should ask for this to be the norm.

I dont intend any ill will towards anybody, but im honestly getting sick of this type of attitude. You dont see PS or Xbox guys like "Wow! Fifa 18 is releasing on the console this year!". It is how it supposed to be!

I wish Nintendo fans turn down the dial just a little bit because it is getting overwhelming, at least for me.

The front page has been flooded with "This game is coming to Switch" "That game is coming to Switch". There is NO need for a new thread EVERY time a game is confirmed for the Switch.

End of Rant.

It would be the first 3rd party AAA game 8th gen-exclusive game to arrive on Switch.

The reality is that Switch is getting a deluge of games. Many great indies - but something of this level of production value is worthy of the attention.

Well, there is Sonic Forces which has some pretty darn nice production values but yes, something OTHER than that would be a good showing.  Dragon Quest XI - going on the (imo extremely safe) asumption that it is the UE4 version will be another but it's a ways off.  

The more significant thing would be that Bethesda, of all people, is showing up in an even more serious way on Switch.  

And it could work, I think.  I wouldn't be surprised either way.