By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda's Creation Club is out now

Well, Bethesda has finally released the infamous Creation Club. it's now live throughout all platforms for Fallout 4, with Skyrim coming soon.

http://kotaku.com/the-first-round-of-creation-club-mods-for-fallout-4-has-1798504600

Today, Bethesda showed the world what we can expect from the totally-not-paid-mods-that-you-can-still-spend-money-on system, Creation Club. Mostly, the first batch of offerings are disappointing, but hey. Remember Oblivion’s controversial horse armor?

Well, now Fallout has something like it, too:

Gallop your way through the Wasteland in this stylish, sturdy and heavily modified handcrafted Power Horse Armor. Giddyup!

Okay then.

Prices for the Creation Club credits are as follows:
750 credits - $7.99
1,500 credits -  $14.99
3,000 credits - $24.99
5,500 credits - $39.99

They'll give you 100 free credits which will be enough for either a Power Armor paint or a Pip-Boy skin.

Personally, I think they didn't have enough spitting in our faces, they're trying to make us give them our money afterwards.

Around the Network

The way TotalBiscuit describes it makes it seem less bad than it actually is. This is just ... blegh

What about free mods on PC?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
The way TotalBiscuit describes it makes it seem less bad than it actually is. This is just ... blegh

What about free mods on PC?

If you can uninstall the Creation Club, they'll still be there. Otherwise, mods will work poorly as far as I know.

Best response to this bollocks there probably ever will be.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Fun times.

Around the Network

I want to say that Skyrim was the exception to the rule.... but generally I dont install mods, to games.
Creation Club is something Id never make use of, and I hope it fails, and Bethesda gives up on paid mods.

So it's microtransactions for content they didn't actually make but I'm sure get a healthy cut of. Classy guys.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Skyrim content. Yes, I have the PS4 version.

YongYea did a video on this scam. Most of the stuff is just repackaged free mods.

IkePoR said:

Best response to this bollocks there probably ever will be.  

Agree.  Listened to that on the way home from work yesterday.