By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EDGE ranks the top 100 greatest games (2017 edition)

JakDaSnack said:
VGPolyglot said:

And with judges, it can still be skewed. Boxing for example has issues with bribery and rigging.

Well, if my scenerio ever becomes reality then we can worry about bribery and rigging.

What I'm trying to say is that trying to make an objective list for something like this is futile.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
JakDaSnack said:

Well, if my scenerio ever becomes reality then we can worry about bribery and rigging.

What I'm trying to say is that trying to make an objective list for something like this is futile.

It would be hard, but I don't agree it would be futile.  Judging has come a long ways, and if the gaming industry actually took something like this seriously, it is more than possible to create an objective list.  There will always be a margin of error, but that margin would shring every year until eventually it's too small to matter.

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:
VGPolyglot said:

It would be hard, but I don't agree it would be futile.  Judging has come a long ways, and if the gaming industry actually took something like this seriously, it is more than possible to create an objective list.  There will always be a margin of error, but that margin would shring every year until eventually it's too small to matter.

You can't create an objective list of greatest games, no matter how hard you try.

VGPolyglot said:
JakDaSnack said:

You can't create an objective list of greatest games, no matter how hard you try.

not with that attitude.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Its cool to see Super Monkey Ball, Katamari Damacy, and F-Zero here. The sixth generation truly was special.

Around the Network

The only thing I would like to know is on what platform could you play the most games from this list? (like is it pc, nintendo or playstation...or no nothing else) because War!

alternine said:
Pavolink said:

Because BotW is the correct number 1 and you would have not put at the top.

Lmao good stuff man. Your jokes are always on point

The only joke is to pretend BotW is not in the correct place. Althought, it is more sad than funny.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

JakDaSnack said:
VGPolyglot said:

not with that attitude.

I guess I should have also stated that I'm fine with there being no objective list.

-

Easily half that list is complete BS.

Here's a small taste of what games should have made it to that list.

Suikoden II

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

Ori and the Blind Forest

Illusion of Gaia

Shovel Knight

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Hollow Knight

Wild Arms

Lunar: Silver Star Story

Portal 2 instead of- Portal

Halo 2 instead of- Halo 3

Popful Mail

Tales from the Borderlands

Bayonetta instead of -Bayonetta 2 <---honestly I wouldn't have even added it to a top 100 list IMO.

Phantasy Star IV

Metroid Fusion or Metroid Zero Mission instead of- Super Metroid or all three.

Snatcher 

Farcry 3 instead of -Far Cry 4

MGS 2 or 3 instead of- MGSV

Grandia

Fire Emblem Awakening instead of -FE Fates

ES Morrowind or ES Oblivion, instead of ES: Skyrim

KOTOR

Max Payne 2

Pillars of Eternity

Warcraft 3

The Last of Us

Vagrant Story