By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is going to sell better on the Switch, Skyrim or FIFA 18?

Tagged games:

What is going to sell better on the Switch, Skyrim or FIFA 18?

The Elder Scrolls V. Skyrim. 193 44.06%

FIFA 18. 160 36.53%

They will practically sell the same. 20 4.57%

The rabbids will consume us all. 65 14.84%

Total:438
Sordel said:
Mbolibombo said:
We havnt seen a single drop in price for Skyrim over the past year (outside of 1 week on the e-shop I believe) where as Fifa has had significant sales on the e-shop while also perma drop the price several months ago.

But of course while Skyrim gets more money in terms of initial purchase, Fifa makes more overall due to microtransactions. So if we take “sells better” literally, Fifa should win by a clear gap unless Skyrim can take real advantage of the years after ‘18 hits the wall.

Oh yeah Fifa is most certainly bringing in more cash overall, no doubt. 

Around the Network

If what people are saying is true and Skyrim is still selling at full price it should win out in the end. Fifa 19 will cut off 18's legs and Skyrim should get a boost if/when it is discounted.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

4 more weeks of sales data until FIFA 19 releases and 18 plummets. Looks like Skyrim will briefly cross FIFA 18's sales anyway though. Hopefully it recovers once sales dropoff from 19 cuts 18's legs off. Though that begs the question, will 19 sell better than 18? The audience might grow...

The game with the Vikings...

Around the Network

Here's this week's update. Sorry for the delay, I had to wait until the numbers were fixed to find the correct ones.

Interesting comparison, we have today :

FIFA 18 :
PS4 : 11,67M
NS : 1,04M

Skyrim :
PS4 : 3,15M
NS : 1,02M

If we take into account that the PS4 has an installed base just 4 times bigger now, Skyrim is doing definitely better on Switch. Plus the game had 1 more year on PS4 if I am correct.

It had also already sold 25-27 million copies on previous gen consoles and PC before it was released on PS4. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison.