By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - North Korea launches missile that flies over Japan, Jp Prime Minister reacts

bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

Not directly, but disease, starvation, forced relocation, etc. will cause a lot of deaths too.

A nuclear bomb can cause a lot of deaths as well.

Which the US has thousands of.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

A nuclear bomb can cause a lot of deaths as well.

And we aren't shooting any over Japan? What's wrong with us?

bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

The US launched 2 nukes on Japan, if I recall correctly.

VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

Retaliation to an attack, and then we decided it was overkill if I remember correctly.

bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

Retaliation to an attack, and then we decided it was overkill if I remember correctly.

Yeah, and I'm saying we shouldn't wait until afterwards this time to decide that what we did was overkill.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah, and I'm saying we shouldn't wait until afterwards this time to decide that what we did was overkill.

Stoping a tyrant from getting a nuke is not overkill.

bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

So any response can be justifiable as long as he doesn't get nukes?

China and Russia don't want to hurt N. Korea too bad because they are technically allies, but even moreso, they don't want a new, Western Friendly North Korea on their doorstep. The best (of all terrible solutions) that I see is ousting the current gov't, then letting China help put a new gov't in place there. Hopefully that would keep China and Russia happy, and Japan, S. Korea, and the US could all breath easier knowing there isn't a psychotic threatening to nuke them.

It's also going to take a multi nation humanitarian effort - people in N. Korea are already starving, and it will only get worse if there is an attack.

But I don't know all the details, and I'm sure this isn't all that great of a plan, either.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

VGPolyglot said:
bigtakilla said:

Do you think the response would have to be all that big to deal with the threat? I don't.

bigtakilla said:
VGPolyglot said:

Do you think the response would have to be all that big to deal with the threat? I don't.

Well, if the response wouldn't have to be all that big, that must mean the threat isn't all that big.