By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Matrox Mystique 4MB PCI Lettmon Giveaway

I Never Asked for This.

Around the Network
numberwang said:
I Never Asked for This.

Speaking of your avy, that's what Onionberry should have given away. A Sega CD copy of Snatcher.

I had the same one in my Pentium MMX 233, combined with a Voodoo (3 I think if I rember correctly, though not sure anymore - it's been a while)

RIP XxX
Eat your heart out PS4 Pro

VGPolyglot said:
numberwang said:
I Never Asked for This.

Speaking of your avy, that's what Onionberry should have given away. A Sega CD copy of Snatcher.

Which is trading at more than 1000$ now on ebay... wow

Around the Network
numberwang said:
VGPolyglot said:

WTF? I thought it was in the $700s? I wish the copy of the game that I had wasn't cracked

numberwang said:
VGPolyglot said:

Used to be like $150 last I checked for it in 2012 or some such. Wondering when is it that the retro game price inflation is finally gonna stop.

JRPGfan said:

I think I had a 3D accelerator in my first pc (ATI rage? or something)..... and lateron upgraded to a RIVA TNT2 card (nvidia chip card, back when most where useing Voodoo Cards).

S.Peelman said:
Voodoo 2 or no deal.

TNT2 won though, nvidia came out ahead. Poor 3DFX.

nVidia didn't soundly win untill they released the first ever GPU. The Geforce 256.
And it wasn't untill the Geforce 3/Voodoo 5 that 3dfx went under.

In short though, the Voodoo 3 was often faster than the TNT2, but it only had a 16-bit output, verses the TNT2's full 32bit.

m0ney said:
Pemalite said:
Lol. I used to own this exact card back in the day, paired up with a couple of Voodoo 2's in SLI.

Was super popular with OEM's at one point as well, so should be fairly common at computer recyclers.

Yes, later in summer 98 my dad bought a Voodoo 2, it was amazing. I sold the Voodoo in 2010s but still have this Matrox.

Still got a pair of Voodoo 2's floating around here! And a Radeon 8500DV which I was going to throw together into a retro rig with them.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--