By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 information Blowout!!

It'll be interesting to see how well this sells considering the larger userbase. If its hyped enough it could reach halo 3 levels of sales.

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
It'll be interesting to see how well this sells considering the larger userbase. If its hyped enough it could reach halo 3 levels of sales.

I don't see Gears of War 2 pushing past 6 million.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
Dallinor said:
starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
I think this game will be AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE,,

who here thinks Gears of war should have been the xbox's iconic game instead of that average FPS called halo,,,

anyways it's a brilliant 3rd person shooter which I love very much

this and killzone2 are my most anticipated games of this year

For your own sake as much as anyone else's, change the bolded part to Resistence 2.

Why?

Do you think the game won't see a release date this year?

It's certainly one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Because I think it will be mediocre from a gameplay perspective.  There has not been a single indicator that this game will improve on the first title in any area other than graphics and sound.

well I am certainly hyped for gears of war and Killzone 2.

I guess it's not uncommon to be hyped for a mediocre FPS these days(i.e. Halo3)

starcraft said:
FaRmLaNd said:

I don't see Gears of War 2 pushing past 6 million.

If its online support is improved, it might just. =]

The BuShA owns all!

I'm extremely excited about this game a can't wait to get it, but lets face it the story aspect can only be better as i don't know how you could make it worse.

So we will see if by better they mean good or that it has a story.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

This game will keep me away from my social life for a few months

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

I love my Xbox but do admit that I've never played Gears of War. I'll be picking up a copy soon to get ready for Gears of War 2.

I thought the biggest complaints about Gears of War were that it was too short and the story was weak.

So, what does this mean? "Gears of War 2 is real, and it looks every bit as formidable and impressive as we hoped. It's bigger and better than before, and the people making it are insistent that you'll be playing it in its entirety in just over half a year." -Game Informer

Drop in and drop off for second player sounds cool.

I'm all for a better story for the game, but I don't really see why it's necessary here. When you go to a balls-out action flick, say True Lies, are you really going there for a deep story? No, you want a gargantuan, testosterone-fueled action-fest. For that reason, I don't see why anyone had a problem with the first Gears' story.

Also: DAMN THIS GAME LOOKS GREAT!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

the only reason i would love to have a 360

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
Dallinor said:
starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
I think this game will be AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE,,

who here thinks Gears of war should have been the xbox's iconic game instead of that average FPS called halo,,,

anyways it's a brilliant 3rd person shooter which I love very much

this and killzone2 are my most anticipated games of this year

For your own sake as much as anyone else's, change the bolded part to Resistence 2.

Why?

Do you think the game won't see a release date this year?

It's certainly one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Because I think it will be mediocre from a gameplay perspective. There has not been a single indicator that this game will improve on the first title in any area other than graphics and sound.

well I am certainly hyped for gears of war and Killzone 2.

I guess it's not uncommon to be hyped for a mediocre FPS these days(i.e. Halo3)

Your seriously going to call a 90%+ 360 shooter with the prestige of Halo 3 "mediocre" and then claim to be hyped for a game where every indicator is it will retain it's predeccessor's dodgy gameplay?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS