By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Age of Empires 4 be revealed at GamesCom this monday?

Xen said:

The only problem is the windows store

DIdn't really think about that as AOE 2 HD is on steam... but yeah... I won't be getting any of them till they come to a better platform.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Xen said:

The only problem is the windows store

DIdn't really think about that as AOE 2 HD is on steam... but yeah... I won't be getting any of them till they come to a better platform.

Yeah... I first saw AoE 4 and got excited, and only later saw its windows store affiliation.

Oh well. I bet a steam release will come.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Just to be clear, I wasn't making the case that games sell more multiplatform. I was making the case that most developers that are officially triple A, are scared to make games exclusively on PC for fear of lower sales, so they go to multiplat formats. It's a stigma more than anything, and I don't believe it. Indie developers alone have proven that PC games can rake in millions of sales alone.

Well. Usually you can get away with fewer sales on PC as there is also typically higher profit margins anyway.
Especially if you are selling on your own store.

And PC Games also have longer legs. - How often does a 10+ year old title on consoles hit the top of the sales charts and move thousands of more units? :P
Happens on PC all the time.

Xen said:

Yeah... I first saw AoE 4 and got excited, and only later saw its windows store affiliation.

Oh well. I bet a steam release will come.

It better. >:(
*Grabs pitch forks*

Still waiting on a Halo Wars 2 Steam release.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Nogamez said:
Xen said:

The best RTS ever released is AoE 2.

Relic is a solid dev though, so this has hope.

Well we will have to disagree to agree then my friend. AoE2 was good but i always prefered WC2. Coh online play smokes them both. All 3 are masterpeices in there genres though. Seems no one can make RTS like that any more.

Nonono, C&C1 is the best ever RTS. Those good Westwood days..