By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith Soft is Recruiting for a New Project

Wow these concept art pictures are beautiful! I like where this imagery is going, has a bit more of a Final Fantasy feel to it =p
I think that a change in the universe for a new game would be welcomed too. I love the Xenoblade franchise a ton, but I don't want it to become too saturated with unnecessary editions.

Around the Network

Looks more like a B-project by the concept art and off-genre focus, which is likely why they are looking outside for new staffers to fill positions that aren't fit for internal since the required skillsets exist within Nintendo.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I wonder if this will be a thing.

Xenoblade Xeno-Different (Aliens and Mechs) Xenoblade Xeno-Different (Alchemy)

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Instead of Xenoblade 3 or X2 they are doing a new IP instead. Seems like a good way to try and get more sales.

However from a non-business perspective I find this awesome. Well assuming it is not bad.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Understanding of western entertainment trends? Interesting, maybe it'll be their own take on a Skyrim-esque or a Witcher-esque game. Whatever it is I hope it's not an MMO game :p

Around the Network

Excellent. It is great to see Monolith Soft grow. I expect X2 to also be in development. Now that Nintendo is better at getting their games out, maybe the Kyoto studio is free to make their own games now rather than merely help with every other Nintendo title?

Xenoblade X-2?

Impressive they have a new project in the works already.

NintendoPie said:
I remember the last time MonolithSoft released concept art... can't remember what that ended up being or how long it took to come to fruition, but I feel like it was forever.

I'm no expert in Monolith, but I've heard a lot of Xenoblade experts say their last concept art for that one obscure 3ds game was eventually turned into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Considering X was probably already in development, it's not crazy that that concept art ended up not making a completely original project.

I'm honestly shocked at those arts.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won