By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Things you ALWAYS do in new games?

Finding the options menu, inverting the camera and disabling motion blur.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Turn off subtitles

spemanig said:
Turn off subtitles

You mean turn on subtitles since in the vast majority of games they're off by default. And they're in a different menu every time. Sometimes under audio, sometimes misc, sometimes language, sometimes even under video.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
spemanig said:
Turn off subtitles

You mean turn on subtitles since in the vast majority of games they're off by default. And they're in a different menu every time. Sometimes under audio, sometimes misc, sometimes language, sometimes even under video.

*make sure subtitles are off.

spemanig said:
vivster said:

*make sure subtitles are off.

But how would you read the subtitles then?

Around the Network

Disable rumble and autosave.

Player2 said:

Why autosave?

Turn on the subtitles.

village boy learns to jump.

Chaimo said:
Player2 said:

Why autosave?

Turn on the subtitles.

Because many games tend to have missables, points of no return, choices with shit options and other disgusting things alike.

Most games I play don't have subtitles or have them enabled by default. In the rare occasion they're disabled I turn them on.

Ultrashroomz said:
IMO, going to the settings menu (if the game has one, which is 99% of modern games these days) and tweaking with everything is absolutely mandatory.

People who just press New Game without doing anything else is just absolutely maddening to me.

This.  I'm in there tweaking whatever I can from minute one.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Xen said:
Ultrashroomz said:
IMO, going to the settings menu (if the game has one, which is 99% of modern games these days) and tweaking with everything is absolutely mandatory.

People who just press New Game without doing anything else is just absolutely maddening to me.

Haha, who are these people?

Me. 99% of the time the settings are useless anyways.