By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone still seriously saying the Switch is going to fail?

StarDoor said:
Green098 said:

I mean I can't see them taking another year gap so soon, they aren't saying it won't come out next year anyways.

New Pokémon generations have never been released less than 3 years after the previous one, and I really don't see them breaking that tradition while at the same time making the biggest Pokémon games yet.

Gen 1: 1996
Gen 2: 1999
Gen 3: 2002
Gen 4: 2006
Gen 5: 2010
Gen 6: 2013
Gen 7: 2016
Gen 8: 2019/2020

PAOerfulone said:
Green098 said:

I mean I can't see them taking another year gap so soon, they aren't saying it won't come out next year anyways.

The gap between generations is usually 3-4 years, and this next Pokemon game will be the biggest project Game Freak has ever done. By Far. If it's truly out in 2018, that just screams "rushed out the door to make the most money as fast as possible." And for a Pokemon game of this scale, that's the last thing I want.

I suppose, I guess it's just me wanting it that soon, although I wouldn't be that disappointed if it didn't come out next year anyways I'd be able to cope the wait. It is still a possibilty, but having more time to develop is always more of a better thing than bad, although we don't know how long this has been in development for.

Around the Network

nope, it's already a huge success... in nintendo ceasing to exist as console developer, of course.

mZuzek said:
Green098 said:

The year Pokemon is likely to come out and likely improved production? No way that's likely happening unless it suddenly starts selling peak DS numbers in its first year.

Pokémon isn't likely to come out next year at all... it's not extreme to think it'll sell less next year given we know nothing about its lineup compared to this year's monster lineup of Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon and Mario Odyssey.

Why are people saying Switch needs to outsell 3DS + Wii U? It's an individual product that has nothing to do with either of them other than being released by Nintendo. I get putting things into perspective but regardless of that, it makes little sense to me.

If that's the case, Playstation has been quite the dud this gen. It also suggests that the PS3 era was the most successful Playstation has ever been. I don't say this to rip on the PS4 as we all know it has been a massive success whilst the PS3 bled money. I'm merely pointing out how comparisons don't always work.

[] [] [] {} [] 

Pouting Pete and Negative Nancy think so.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I guess the comparison doesn't apply to PS4 because it has a handheld counterpart (had?), unlike the Switch. Either way, yeah it's a silly comparison.

I guess that's the logic people use. Although, from my observations, people say Switch should outsell 3DS + Wii U due to Nintendo moving all resources onto one platform. Does Sony actually do anything for the Vita though? It would seem they also dedicate all resources to one platform. I agree with you, either way, it's silly logic.

[] [] [] {} [] 

It depends what they mean by failure..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Hoping to get a Switch this Christmas if I'm lucky. I think from the strong sales of both Switch and PS4, the only thing you can really ask is if anyone can say the Xbox is a success.

p0isonparadise said:
Probably people from Scandinavia.

Not sure if this is a joke at the collective expense of Scandinavians, or if it just points out that Scandinavia is seemingly one of the few places where the console hasn't set the world on fire.

I need time to figure it out.

Depends what you mean by 'utter trash'. I think less than 80m would be a a failure and that's still a possibility.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!