By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone still seriously saying the Switch is going to fail?

Rain2 said:

I mean, it depends on how you look at it I guess. As a few already pointed out, the same people had both a Wii U and 3DS. I know some people (including myself) who bought 2+ 3DS due to new models. We won't ever have official numbers but the Nintendo user base could only be 65 Million rather than 75 Million already. 

If it's about being sustainable, I think a user base of 30 Million would already be enough considering they make a ton of money on games. Their developed software sells so well, I don't think they have to reach a huge user base number to be profitable to the point of being worth it. 3DS & Wii U made little money (if any) on hardware at the beginning, Switch should already be making profit without considering software.

For the sake of argument though, I think anything under 50 Million will look bad on the surface. (if 3DS truly gets no successor) Looking bad and being an actual failure are different things however. 

And there were customers who had both the WII and DS which contributed greatly to Nintendo's revenue and profits but the Switch doesn't get that same benefit. Owning the same system multiple times also doesn't help sell their software either ... 

Having a user base of 30M would be a disaster for a big company such as Nintendo itself who has to make the vast majority of their own AAA games to move their hardware. That could be acceptable if only one platform what doing that but it's just bad performance if it's their only system ... (Plus there's nothing stopping that number from dropping even further either.)

It's just not healthy for Nintendo's business to keep declining like that ... 

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
If anyone thinks switch will fail I don't know what to say to them.

But I'm told by some here that if it sells what I think it will (45-50m) it will be a failure which makes no sense to me.

If you take in account what WiiU did, its impossible for Switch to fail. But if you take in account what Wii did then itll fail fo sho. I think it dependes on your viewpoint. For the Big N, I think It will not be a fail.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

fatslob-:O said:

And there were customers who had both the WII and DS which contributed greatly to Nintendo's revenue and profits but the Switch doesn't get that same benefit. Owning the same system multiple times also doesn't help sell their software either ... 

Having a user base of 30M would be a disaster for a big company such as Nintendo itself who has to make the vast majority of their own AAA games to move their hardware. That could be acceptable if only one platform what doing that but it's just bad performance if it's their only system ... (Plus there's nothing stopping that number from dropping even further either.)

It's just not healthy for Nintendo's business to keep declining like that ... 

I agree with all of what you said, I just don't think it's a failure unless it reaches a specific number. A lot more goes into it that I wouldn't understand

[] [] [] {} [] 

Depends on what you mean, before launch the were people saying it would fail but back then the parameters for failure was not outselling the Wii U. Since launch a number of people have held their hands up and admitted underestimating it while a small group have simply readjusted the parameters of failure to something else.

meOwMiXmUnCHiEZz said:
the switch is going to outsell the ps4, so unless the ps4 fails the switch definitely will not fail.

lmao, now that's just delusion, even more so than what the OP is talking about (Not calling the OP delusional, just people that think the Switch will fail, though it depends on what you think is a failure, it will 100% sell more than the Wii U but I'm not sure it'll outsell the 3DS)

There is no way in hell that the Swtich will outsell the PS4, I doubt it'll outsell the PS3.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
meOwMiXmUnCHiEZz said:
the switch is going to outsell the ps4, so unless the ps4 fails the switch definitely will not fail.

lmao, now that's just delusion, even more so than what the OP is talking about (Not calling the OP delusional, just people that think the Switch will fail, though it depends on what you think is a failure, it will 100% sell more than the Wii U but I'm not sure it'll outsell the 3DS)

There is no way in hell that the Swtich will outsell the PS4, I doubt it'll outsell the PS3.

the switch is going to outsell the ps4

meOwMiXmUnCHiEZz said:

Obvious troll is obvious. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Being honest, the system can still fail... but that is very unlikely at this point outside of a massive choke job by Nintendo.

Heck, they seem to have gotten a decent group of indie developers interested which along with Nintendo's own software seems poised to keep the system at least relevant for some time.

ArchangelMadzz said:
meOwMiXmUnCHiEZz said:

Obvious troll is obvious. 

dont accuse me of trolling. im on thin ice and id like to stick around.

NoirSon said:
Being honest, the system can still fail... but that is very unlikely at this point outside of a massive choke job by Nintendo.

Heck, they seem to have gotten a decent group of indie developers interested which along with Nintendo's own software seems poised to keep the system at least relevant for some time.

i dont really think so. nintendo is going to make a killing on selling hardware, accessories, and games for the system. theyre going to be rolling in dough once again.