By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Bannon’s Breitbart tears into Trump after Afghanistan speech

lol at anyone who thought Bannon or no Bannon, Trump was the guy to raise taxes on himself, his family, and his friends (the mega-rich). He's never once said anything about raising taxes, Trump's whole platform from day 1 was clear -- big tax breaks for the ultra wealthy.

Anyone who thought otherwise is a dummy.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
This does not belong in Gaming. moved.

Dont you think it is becoming a GAME of Thrones-ish pathetical thing? Therefore stil a game?

j.thomaz said:
RavenXtra said:
This does not belong in Gaming. moved.

Dont you think it is becoming a GAME of Thrones-ish pathetical thing? Therefore stil a game?

By that logic, you could put every thread in gaming just by playing with the rules. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
LurkerJ said:

He was also not an interventionist, and always vouched for reasonable foreign policies. You can't have that kind of voice in the white house, evidently.

What I'm hearing you say is that the head of Breitbart News was forced out of the White House for being the voice of reason. 

No, I am saying there are legitimate reasons to lament his exit if you are an American. When it comes to foreign policies and economic policies, he was the only left leaning figure in the WH. Assuming his presence was effective, the net effect of his exist, on certain issues, will be negative.

LurkerJ said:

No, I am saying there are legitimate reasons to lament his exit if you are an American. When it comes to foreign policies and economic policies, he was the only left leaning figure in the WH. Assuming his presence was effective, the net effect of his exist, on certain issues, will be negative.

Just for clarity's sake, to the extent that I had a point beyond a laugh line, it was to take a shot not at you but at a reality in which he was the most left leaning figure in the WH.  But then again, after actually finding out more about him his views seem to be more varied than a cursory glance had previously revealed—shocking, I know. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
LurkerJ said:

Just for clarity's sake, to the extent that I had a point beyond a laugh line, it was to take a shot not at you but at a reality in which he was the most left leaning figure in the WH.  But then again, after actually finding out more about him his views seem to be more varied than a cursory glance had previously revealed—shocking, I know. 

I am curious to know. What you thought of him before and what you think of him now. I am also wondering where and what you read about him.

LurkerJ said:
Final-Fan said:

I am curious to know. What you thought of him before and what you think of him now. I am also wondering where and what you read about him.

I know a little about Breitbart and his fake investigative reporting, and I knew that Bannon was in charge of his organization after Breitbart died.  I don't know to what extent he supported that kind of stuff but I guess I was assuming that he didn't have a problem with it—which was pretty concerning when I considered whether he was likely to try to rein in Trump's vagaries.  After that I knew very little about his actual positions—what I picked up on in the news was more about how much influence he had over Trump than how he wielded it.  What little I knew was bad; he was one of the stronger voices against the Paris Agreement, and I believe he was the guy who was reported as having more access than he should into national security meetings or something like that.  (Not that he was breaking rules, but that rules/standards were being bent/broken for him to get him into the room or give him a voice in the room.) 

My knowledge was cursory enough that Wikipedia's biographical article sufficed to greatly increase the depth of my knowledge.  One thing that really surprised me was that he was in charge of the Bioshpere 2 project for a time, and "Under Bannon, the closed-system experiment project shifted emphasis from researching human space exploration and colonization toward the scientific study of earth's environment, pollution and climate change."  That makes me wonder his opposition to the Paris Agreement is purely ideological and not due to (anthropogenic) climate change denial. 

And then I forgot to post this and left it sitting in my browser for however long "LurkerJ posted 2 hours ago" to now is.