By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The best weapon in Splatoon 2 is a bucket

Here is the meta everyone. This bucket pretty much outranges most of the close range shooters in the game including the splattershot. This weapon also doesn't need to aim that much with the crosshair, 2 shot splats at any range, and has burst bombs and ink armor, and makes the 52 gal completely useless. 

Around the Network

Good. Now I know who to go after with my sniper rifle.

Only watched a few minutes... Whoever's doing this really needs to learn the value of brevity.

Maybe its the best weapon, but if it is it's not like it's by enough to be broken. The 2 shots you need to kill don't come out all that quickly. Basically any gun with similar range (including the 52) are going to kill quicker. And of course there are still a ton of things that outrange it.

Maybe it could use some adjusting, but it's nothing gamebreaking.

No it's the Jet Squelcher which also happends to be my go to weapon both for turf war and tankes battles. Buckeyeers don't even know what hits them.

Asside from having the same range as Splattershot range tier shooters (which btw is because the range on shooter weapons got nerfed, not because the Tri-Slosher got a range buff), the weapon is the same as it was in Splatoon 1. Thus I do find it funny when people look at the weapon and go "Omg consistent two hit kill!?" as if it wasn't always like that. It's just really good like it always was. I don't agree that the weapon is suddenly the best just because a few weapons lost their couple squid steps of range advantage over it, but eh I have no qualms with people having that opinion.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Around the Network

Is the bucket better now than in the first game?

I Switched from my favourite weapon the NZapp during Splatfest last night to the slosher, mainly due to the NZapp having the most ineffective and useless special attack. I have to say after I switched I had a lot of success with the slosher and I'm going to stick k with it for a bit to become even more proficient with it.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Asside from having the same range as Splattershot range tier shooters (which btw is because the range on shooter weapons got nerfed, not because the Tri-Slosher got a range buff), the weapon is the same as it was in Splatoon 1. Thus I do find it funny when people look at the weapon and go "Omg consistent two hit kill!?" as if it wasn't always like that. It's just really good like it always was. I don't agree that the weapon is suddenly the best just because a few weapons lost their couple squid steps of range advantage over it, but eh I have no qualms with people having that opinion.

-Lonely_Dolphin

I do think that they should buff the shooters back to their range from splatoon 1 so that they have a bigger chance of beating the tri-slosher. The problem with it is the fact is you don't have to aim as much as the shooters do at close range and they can 2 shot them. Combine this with the fact it has no rng while jumping and makes the 52 gal completely obsolite. I do have a strategy against them and that's by staying as far away as them as possible and shoot them with my trusty splattershot pro and jet squelcher.

Einsam_Delphin said:

-Lonely_Dolphin

I can understand the concern with shooters having a shorter range, but a shooter with similar range will kill faster. You also lose the slosher's edge which is the ability to attack upward. Its a better weapon in close quarters than the slosher, but lacks the range the standard one has which is part of the advantage of the slosher class. And both the Squelcher weapons outrange it.  I wouldn't call it broken. You need to play around it. 

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Yep but knowing Nintendo it's gonna be nerfed eventually, I think just reducing the damage on the side splashes is good.

I know... my English sucks.