By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Hi there! What I learned from the poll contest. Future polls? Update!

Would you like me to do more polls/contests?

Yes. 17 32.08%

No. 26 49.06%

See results. 10 18.87%

Total:53
SegataSanshiro said:
niceguygameplayer said:

I'm not being disrespectful at all, friend. I have learned by this site and from gamers in real life, that Nintendo fans will go with Nintendo no matter what. They would defend a Mario Pissing Contest game with a metacritic score of 1 just because Nintendo made it. Not all Nintendo fans, but a majority, I think. Nostalgia is a huge thing when it comes to gaming! 

Dude you need to stop these kind of posts.

I have apologized for that post, and am open to being wrong. I will try to not say such things going forward. I meant no disrespect. It didn't come out the way I meant it to. 

Around the Network

I like polls. But, I don't like the multiple round approach. So, if you're going to do more of them, please make them single round.

I vividly remember the time I got banned immediately and on the spot for simply using the term "fanboy" back in the day. Good times.

If you want my opinion, never make a poll again. Your singling out and proposed seclusion, or more appropriately exclusion, of the Nintendo fanbase simply because a pol didn't go your way is entirely hypocritical and contrary to the inclusiveness you're preaching, my friend.

It's like making a Best JRPG's Ever (Excluding Squaresoft) poll, or a Best Person Ever (Excluding Greenbeans) poll.

I don't see anything disrespectful in your post OP. Just make sure you have on your flame shield next time.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
RolStoppable said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Possibly, but others have wrote in my posts that this is a majority Nintendo fansite. When reading those comments and looking at the polls, I concluded the opinion that this is a majority Nintendo fansite. 

They say that because they don't like the results, but there's a reason why there have been so many threads that demanded that Nintendo makes games for PlayStation and Xbox.

that's like rare, like once or twice a year rare.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
RolStoppable said:

They say that because they don't like the results, but there's a reason why there have been so many threads that demanded that Nintendo makes games for PlayStation and Xbox.

that's like rare, like once or twice a year rare.

It's certainly more common than that, considering how we're already at two for this year, and it was even more common during the Wii U era.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224602
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224861

Here's a quick advice: instead of doing multiple polls and cluttering the Hot Topics section(no disrespect), you can do what Gaf does and let everyone list a Top 5, with their number 1 receving the highest score and their lowest ranking the lowest point. Then you just tally up the points and rank them, VOILA!

That way you eliminate any bias you may have in your poll choices.

Greenbeans3625 said:
I vividly remember the time I got banned immediately and on the spot for simply using the term "fanboy" back in the day. Good times.

If you want my opinion, never make a poll again. Your singling out and proposed seclusion, or more appropriately exclusion, of the Nintendo fanbase simply because a pol didn't go your way is entirely hypocritical and contrary to the inclusiveness you're preaching, my friend.

It's like making a Best JRPG's Ever (Excluding Squaresoft) poll, or a Best Person Ever (Excluding Greenbeans) poll.

You are assuming I'm selfish. It's not because the poll didn't go my way. I would have included no Nintendo games if it was just for me. Don't assume.

niceguygameplayer said:
Greenbeans3625 said:

You are assuming I'm selfish. It's not because the poll didn't go my way. I would have included no Nintendo games if it was just for me. Don't assume.

That doesn't change the fact that singling out and proposing seclusion for whatever your justification may be is simply wrong. 

Yeah, it doesn't take that much time to figure out that this forum leans heavily toward Nintendo...that's why I thought your polls are bit...well, pardon my sincerity...naive. And not only that but this site just LOVES Zelda.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like Zelda a lot as well, in fact it's in my "Top 5 IPs with 3 or more games ", though I don't find any of them to be GOAT material (for my personal taste at least).

That said, there are quite a few very reasonable Nintendo fans around here...and then there are quite a few zealots.
But it's more or less same with all fan bases.