By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Respawn: We're doing more Titanfall (PRAISE DA LAWD)

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I think I'm finally going to buy this. Just hope the PC community is alive. Feel bad for not supporting it earlier but money money money, moooooooonayy

It's still kicking as far as I can see. Not dead as a doorknob as some will likely roll with.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I just hope that Titanfall 3 isn't another side step. Titanfall 2 was a huge disappointment, but the first game still was special and the best new IP this gen for my tastes. The campaign in Titanfall 2 was kind of meh to me. I just want them to expand cinematics in the multiplayer above and beyond what made the first game so good. The escape portion of attrition was a welcome change to ending an FPS deathmatch and I would love to see them go further in that direction. 

teamsilent13 said:

I just hope that Titanfall 3 isn't another side step. Titanfall 2 was a huge disappointment, but the first game still was special and the best new IP this gen for my tastes. The campaign in Titanfall 2 was kind of meh to me. I just want them to expand cinematics in the multiplayer above and beyond what made the first game so good. The escape portion of attrition was a welcome change to ending an FPS deathmatch and I would love to see them go further in that direction. 

I thought the campaign in 2 was incredible in every way, especially level design. Really puts most other developers to shame in that regard, at least as far as FPS go of course. Easily the best I have seen since Rage last gen.

MP is a mess though. They changed too much of what made the original so special. I mean even the matchmaking/lobby system sucks in the sequel. Disappointed to see they've stopped working on large scale updates for it, because it seems like each update made it a little more and more like the original.

Hopefully for them EA wont screw them over a third time.

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about: for the first game Vince Zampella indicated EA signed a permanent console exclusivity deal with Microsoft behind Respawn's back, with the game supposed to be only timed exclusive at first:

Article on above Tweet from Gamesradar: http://www.gamesradar.com/respawn-admits-titanfalls-original-xbox-exclusivity-was-a-bit-of-surprise/

And the second time they got screwed over was Titanfall 2's launch window. Launching 1 week after Battlefield 1 and 1 week before Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (which as a reminder had a Special Edition which included Modern Warfare Remastered) was stupidity at the most extreme level. You could speculate that Respawn might have had a hand in that release date, but I doubt Respawn would make such a stupid decision.

Hopefully they'll do the right thing and launch in Q1-Q2 2019 or something instead of going up against 2018's CoD title and whatever Battlefield game EA is releasing then.

Glad to hear. Deserves to be more popular.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
I think I'm finally going to buy this. Just hope the PC community is alive. Feel bad for not supporting it earlier but money money money, moooooooonayy

PC has a good population. It ranges from 3k-9k on multiplayer.

FIT_Gamer said:

It's pretty dead. I was just talking to someone about it yesterday. They said attrition is the only game mode anyone plays. I was just playing this morining on PS4 and it's still poppin. 

Chazore said:

It's still kicking as far as I can see. Not dead as a doorknob as some will likely roll with.

Very conflicting thoughts haha

poklane said:

Hopefully for them EA wont screw them over a third time.

For those who have no clue what I'm talking about: for the first game Vince Zampella indicated EA signed a permanent console exclusivity deal with Microsoft behind Respawn's back, with the game supposed to be only timed exclusive at first:

Article on above Tweet from Gamesradar: http://www.gamesradar.com/respawn-admits-titanfalls-original-xbox-exclusivity-was-a-bit-of-surprise/

And the second time they got screwed over was Titanfall 2's launch window. Launching 1 week after Battlefield 1 and 1 week before Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (which as a reminder had a Special Edition which included Modern Warfare Remastered) was stupidity at the most extreme level. You could speculate that Respawn might have had a hand in that release date, but I doubt Respawn would make such a stupid decision.

Hopefully they'll do the right thing and launch in Q1-Q2 2019 or something instead of going up against 2018's CoD title and whatever Battlefield game EA is releasing then.

It's kinda sad how both TF1 and TF2 were sabotaged. The first one should never have been exclusive, and the second game should never have been sandwiched between BF1 and CoD.

TF2 really should've come out last Spring, or a month before BF1 and CoD started dropping. The next BF is 2018, so like you suggest I hope TF3 is Q1-Q2 2019, or something early fall like September cuz any later and it'll have to go against CoD again and the other EA shooter SWBF3.

jason1637 said:

PC has a good population. It ranges from 3k-9k on multiplayer.

FIT_Gamer said:

It's pretty dead. I was just talking to someone about it yesterday. They said attrition is the only game mode anyone plays. I was just playing this morining on PS4 and it's still poppin. 

Chazore said:

Very conflicting thoughts haha

Well one has stats to tell, one "heard from a mate" that it's dead as a doorknob and I can actually see it's not dead as I own and play the game on PC

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"