By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - i just bought 100 dollars in bit coin stuff, now what?

spurgeonryan said:
I saw it reach 5,000 and thought it was too much and now here we are. Does not matter, I did not keep the passcode of words and I guess there is no way of getting it again so my money is long gone.

Now that sucks!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Machina said:

And to think you almost accidentally stumbled into a very nice profit.

Lol. I still did, just can never touch it. Also bought some other digital currency so that is some good news!

It would be fixed up if in like 20 years your investment is worth a million.

yep. I popped open my champagne bottles earlier tonight. I'm hoping to retire a few years earlier now that bitcoin is doing so well.

Congratulations to every one who took a chance on it!

spurgeonryan said:
I saw it reach 5,000 and thought it was too much and now here we are. Does not matter, I did not keep the passcode of words and I guess there is no way of getting it again so my money is long gone.

Damnnnn that does suck. But yeah the one thing to know about crypto is, if you're storing it yourself, there is always gonna be some code or passphrase or key or whatever that you have to keep or you lose your money - storing your own money is all about personal responsibility (for crypto its writing down and keeping safe your code). Crypto is very secure, it needs to be, we're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars of value now (soon trillions) being stored in an online network. A backdoor would completely compromise the security of the whole thing.

But yeah, really sorry to hear you lost your Bitcoin :(

Keep it for a year it'll be worth a lot more

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
spurgeonryan said:

Damnnnn that does suck. But yeah the one thing to know about crypto is, if you're storing it yourself, there is always gonna be some code or passphrase or key or whatever that you have to keep or you lose your money - storing your own money is all about personal responsibility (for crypto its writing down and keeping safe your code). Crypto is very secure, it needs to be, we're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars of value now (soon trillions) being stored in an online network. A backdoor would completely compromise the security of the whole thing.

But yeah, really sorry to hear you lost your Bitcoin :(

Not sure if he had a personal wallet or was using an online wallet like coinbase.  However, I believe most personal wallets don't have passcodes to send out coins attached to wallet unless you encrypt the wallet.  So you pretty much have to elect the option of having it protected by passcode because by default the option is off.

Anyways, I believe spurge probably bought his bitcoin from a major site like coinbase which at the time he bought bitcoin it was before the split which resulted in bitcoin cash.  So whatever coins he had in bitcoin he would have same amount in bitcoin cash.  At the time I think most major online currency marketplaces said they would hold onto the bitcoin cash that was generated by their customers owning bitcoin before the split and later give it to the customers at a later date (like 6 months to year or whatever).  So actually spurge should have a claim to bitcoin cash which is sitting at 1,670 dollars a coin right now because he bought bitcoin before the split.

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 29 November 2017

spurgeonryan said:
Machina said:

And to think you almost accidentally stumbled into a very nice profit.

Lol. I still did, just can never touch it. Also bought some other digital currency so that is some good news!

You got locked out of your wallet?

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Bitcoin is highly volatile. I've seen days it has massive gains and days with massive losses.

Yeah, I've made a point to stay away. I'm quite content with my current plan.

Nymeria said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Bitcoin is highly volatile. I've seen days it has massive gains and days with massive losses.

Yeah, I've made a point to stay away. I'm quite content with my current plan.

It's why I've decided to hold long and not try to time it.

What a crazy journey. Wish I had invested more, but gains are gains.