By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - i just bought 100 dollars in bit coin stuff, now what?

GProgrammer said:
I would be getting out of bitcoins ASAP if I had any. Reason?
China accounts for 99% of bitcoins traded, yes you read that right, anyone that owns any here is part of the 1%

Well that ain't to bad by itself, but now the Chinese government are starting to view bitcoins with displeasure

Where are you getting this info? I had recently read a couple of articles that Japan accounted for around 45 percent of bitcoin trading volume. 

Around the Network
Moneybags said:
GProgrammer said:
I would be getting out of bitcoins ASAP if I had any. Reason?
China accounts for 99% of bitcoins traded, yes you read that right, anyone that owns any here is part of the 1%

Well that ain't to bad by itself, but now the Chinese government are starting to view bitcoins with displeasure

Where are you getting this info? I had recently read a couple of articles that Japan accounted for around 45 percent of bitcoin trading volume. 

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/bitcoin-trading-china-yuan-remnibi-2017-1?r=UK&IR=T

"The share of the cryptocurrency that’s traded via China’s mainland currency escalated over the past few years, overtaking the US dollar as the dominant currency. From less than a 10% share in January 2012, the yuan now makes up nearly 100% of all bitcoin trading."

No idea what the current trade is

GProgrammer said:
Moneybags said:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/bitcoin-trading-china-yuan-remnibi-2017-1?r=UK&IR=T

"The share of the cryptocurrency that’s traded via China’s mainland currency escalated over the past few years, overtaking the US dollar as the dominant currency. From less than a 10% share in January 2012, the yuan now makes up nearly 100% of all bitcoin trading."

No idea what the current trade is

Yea things have changed significantly since January when this article was written. I China is now behind Japan and the USA.

bitcoin is dipping below $4000. I don't feel so bad about selling now. I'll probably buy more when it's around 3500.

Alright people. When is btc going to hit ten grand!? It could be tonight!

I bought back in around $4000. I have five coins some ethereum.

Insidb, did you end up getting 10 btc?

Around the Network
Moneybags said:

Sorry to butt in, but I thought it already hit 10K yesterday. I'm just sick about not investing in it  when it was even at 6K a month ago!!! But I guess it's never too late seeing as some investors are predicting it'll hit 100K eventually. 

Ljink96 said:
Moneybags said:

Sorry to butt in, but I thought it already hit 10K yesterday. I'm just sick about not investing in it  when it was even at 6K a month ago!!! But I guess it's never too late seeing as some investors are predicting it'll hit 100K eventually. 

It came close: $9.8K+

I was lucky to buy in around my birthday: $2-2.5K

Where I totally boned was not buying it, when my friend and I constantly talked abut doing so in 2011 and 2012.

Insidb said:
Ljink96 said:

It came close: $9.8K+

I was lucky to buy in around my birthday: $2-2.5K

Where I totally boned was not buying it, when my friend and I constantly talked abut doing so in 2011 and 2012.

Damn, that sucks. I didn't even know about Bitcoin in 2011, didn't even have internet lol. But it was such an obscure thing even then. But you got in at a pretty good evaluation. Did you miss the Bitcoin Gold drop as well? I could have made 56k on that coin but I put my guard down and took a bath...when I got out the 8k that it reached plummeted down to 200 bucks. Now that got me. And 56k isn't a lot but hell I could have paid off my student debt

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 28 November 2017

~1.5 years ago or so it was around 300. So if you bought 10k of bitcoins at 300 you would of had 33.33333333333333 bitcoins. So you would have 333,333.33 thousands of dollars at 10k a bitcoin which would equal 323,333.33 in profit.  That isn't even counting the split in bitcoin cash so you would of had 33.333333333333333 bitcoin cash times 1627.05 a coin equals 54,235 dollars added to the 323,333.33 profit times 35 percent capital gains tax equals ¿¿¿¿????

Yup hit $10k tonight! Just wanted to come back on this thread and see if those haters from a few months ago were still around spitting their fearful nonsense about bitcoin hahaha. This past month has been fantastic! I could see possibly hitting $40k/BTC next year.