By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS wants to work with Sony to bring the "Better Together" Minecraft update to PS4

thismeintiel said:
This really reminds me of all the arguing about B/C. Nice feature, but the vast majority of gamers don't give a shit. In the end, all the people making a big deal about it was for the console wars. Same goes for crossplay. I sure as fuck don't want to play with Xbox gamers when they are going to be constantly downing the system I'm playing on, instead of playing. And I'm sure it would happen in the reverse for some, too. Then reports would be flying back in forth. No thanks.

But, more importantly, who wins the sales in the end? The PS4. Nuff said.

If BC is a nice feature, then who cares if most people don't care? lol what a bizarre thing to say. Aren't you one of the people who posts the most about how vital and important exclusives are? I don't know the LTD sales of Uncharted 4 and the PS4, but I'm assuming it's the highest selling PS4 exclusive to date, and I'd guess it's sold to maybe 20% of the user base? And that's the highest selling one. Let's not even get into all of the ones people make big deals about that don't sell nearly that much. So are you saying these lists of games people post are just for console warz, and at the end of the day they don't matter? It's nice that you can finally admit to that. Though something tells me you'll reply and backpedal/shift goalposts to try and explain how that same logic doesn't apply here.

Also, damn, you got us. All Xbox users do when they talk on Live is trash PS4 and PSN. Never mind the fact that PS4 is now the de facto standard home for dudebros and the Call of Duty kiddies. And never mind that we're talking about games like Minecraft and Rocket League. Yeah man, all you'll hear in those games is people shitting on PSN. LOL. Oh wait, RL already has PC crossplay. Do you hear nothing but master race talk in that game? Because I never heard it once. Do you even play RL?

Your last part is the saddest thing I have read in this thread. I pity people such as yourself. You know companies like Microsoft, Comcast, Time Warner, they all make truckloads of money as well. Doesn't mean they're above criticism or that they never make policies that fuck over consumers. But apparently that's ok because uh hey they sell stuff.

Also I don't think anyone is really making a big deal about BC or crossplay here. We're just discussing things.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Cloudman said:

I figure the reason the issue went quiet after E3 was because... there really isn't much else to say about it. It mostly looks like a weird decision from the gaming audience, with some being negative reactions, although it won't really do any harm in the long run, but more as a missed opportunity. And I didn't disregard Sony allowing cross-play with PC, but it does look like their decision is more business based, rather than a more positive impacting one.

I still don't think in the grand scheme of things this would be that impactful. The console with more value and merit will be the higher selling console, and Sony seems to be doing alright in that regard. It seems more like Sony being paranoid if that is their reason for staying out of cross-play.

I think it fizzled out because it's not true that sony is against CPP. Sony allows CPP on alot of games with pc and some games like FF XIV with other consoles so the complaints didn't much have of any merit. Sony is only blocking CPP with certain popular MP games because it's a business move that forces people who want to play these certain games with their friends, they'll have to buy a PS4. 

MMOs is the only genre of games where I think the only real shot of CPP happening between the 4 platforms exists because I'm sure the devs can can stipulate that they have to allow CPP for them to get a port and each console should be interested in allowing their players to play with a large pc population.

I figure it fizzled out because the topic is old news at this point and everything about it has been discussed already. There isn't much more to say about it, nothing will be done about it, and there isn't much more to be done. It's come and passed.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:
This really reminds me of all the arguing about B/C. Nice feature, but the vast majority of gamers don't give a shit. In the end, all the people making a big deal about it was for the console wars. Same goes for crossplay. I sure as fuck don't want to play with Xbox gamers when they are going to be constantly downing the system I'm playing on, instead of playing. And I'm sure it would happen in the reverse for some, too. Then reports would be flying back in forth. No thanks.

If BC is a nice feature, then who cares if most people don't care? lol what a bizarre thing to say. Aren't you one of the people who posts the most about how vital and important exclusives are? I don't know the LTD sales of Uncharted 4 and the PS4, but I'm assuming it's the highest selling PS4 exclusive to date, and I'd guess it's sold to maybe 20% of the user base? And that's the highest selling one. Let's not even get into all of the ones people make big deals about that don't sell nearly that much. So are you saying these lists of games people post are just for console warz, and at the end of the day they don't matter? It's nice that you can finally admit to that. Though something tells me you'll reply and backpedal/shift goalposts to try and explain how that same logic doesn't apply here.

Also, damn, you got us. All Xbox users do when they talk on Live is trash PS4 and PSN. Never mind the fact that PS4 is now the de facto standard home for dudebros and the Call of Duty kiddies. And never mind that we're talking about games like Minecraft and Rocket League. Yeah man, all you'll hear in those games is people shitting on PSN. LOL. Oh wait, RL already has PC crossplay. Do you hear nothing but master race talk in that game? Because I never heard it once. Do you even play RL?

Your last part is the saddest thing I have read in this thread. I pity people such as yourself. You know companies like Microsoft, Comcast, Time Warner, they all make truckloads of money as well. Doesn't mean they're above criticism or that they never make policies that fuck over consumers. But apparently that's ok because uh hey they sell stuff.

Also I don't think anyone is really making a big deal about BC or crossplay here. We're just discussing things.

I pity him as well.

Proud to be a Californian.

thismeintiel said:

Great argument, as long as a platform is winning in sales then extra features have no value.

This is why I own multiple platforms, no single console gives me everything I want.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)