By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22

Thanks for the fantasy tips. I was decently butthurt about it but I'm still pleased with most of my team. I should have paid more attention because perhaps they had the icons or info if I clicked somewhere but didn't see it during the draft. I didn't find out till after where I was looking at my team where you can sub out players and noticed the injury icon which made me then click on player. I'm still down 100%. Now I gotta look up waivers because I have no clue what those are.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

You see this as an unfair advantage for #7 because that team plays against the lowly #8 while #6 plays against a serious playoff contender in #5. Okay, let's say #6 loses and #7 wins and they were tied in records after week 11; this puts #7 ahead of #6 after week 12. Then they play against each other in week 13 and that leaves fate in control of former #6 because winning not only means gaining one game, but also taking the tie-breaker. Another loss could hardly be called unfair scheduling, because if someone can't beat the team they want to be ahead of... well, do you think they deserve to be ahead?

Let's assume that exact same scenario then, only keep in mind, that everyone has already played each team in the league once. Let's say #6 beat #5 earlier in the regular season. #5 then beats #6 here, but then proceeds to miss the playoffs based on...whatever the second tiebreaker is (I need to look that up). In other words, since each team that's vying for similar playoff spots will likely have played each other twice, the tiebreaker argument may (or may not) fall through. #5 just simply lost out as a result of going up against tougher competition the week before, despite being ranked better for most of the season and splitting the season series with #6.

Also, mostly as an aside, I'm not sure how much I buy the argument of "If someone's highly ranked, and then goes 0-2 against tough competition, they didn't deserve the playoffs to begin with." This is fantasy football, the only competition I can think of except maybe multiplayer Tetris where the quality of your team's play has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of your opponent. It is more than possible to just get absolutely demolished by an opponent whose players all have a really good week and not have it be your fault at all.

I'll take the Patriots over the Chiefs in the opener

RolStoppable said:

I think the second tie-breaker step is points scored in head-to-head, so it's possible to not win the tie-breaker late in the season due to a blowout loss earlier in the season. Someone who is highly ranked can only drop a few spots and out of the playoffs if several teams are within one game of each other. Yes, bad luck certainly exists in fantasy football.

But all of the above are worst case scenarios that would be present in equal or stronger form in other forms of scheduling. I still think that this suggestion provides a fair chance for everyone, is unbiased in its matchmaking and allows everyone to know what's coming in the final two weeks of the regular season in fantasy football well in advance.

That's certainly fair; there's no perfect way to handle this. We'll go with that plan for the time being; if anyone else in the league wants to chime in with a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Also, I picked this up because I am irresponsible with my income.

One thing I will say; if anyone else wants to get a jersey, I would not recommend ordering online. Find a store that sells them, or sneak into the Super Bowl winning team's locker room and steal one. The way NFLshop folded it for shipping caused a ton of wrinkles, and it took me forever just to get the major ones ironed out.

MTZehvor said:
RolStoppable said:

I think the second tie-breaker step is points scored in head-to-head, so it's possible to not win the tie-breaker late in the season due to a blowout loss earlier in the season. Someone who is highly ranked can only drop a few spots and out of the playoffs if several teams are within one game of each other. Yes, bad luck certainly exists in fantasy football.

But all of the above are worst case scenarios that would be present in equal or stronger form in other forms of scheduling. I still think that this suggestion provides a fair chance for everyone, is unbiased in its matchmaking and allows everyone to know what's coming in the final two weeks of the regular season in fantasy football well in advance.

That's certainly fair; there's no perfect way to handle this. We'll go with that plan for the time being; if anyone else in the league wants to chime in with a suggestion, I'm all ears.

One thing I will say; if anyone else wants to get a jersey, I would not recommend ordering online. Find a store that sells them, or sneak into the Super Bowl winning team's locker room and steal one. The way NFLshop folded it for shipping caused a ton of wrinkles, and it took me forever just to get the major ones ironed out.

It's worse than that........they sent you the wrong color jersey. Rodgers wears green

Around the Network
KC-NE 2 NYJ-BUF  2 PHI-WAS  2 OAK-TEN  2
TB-MIA   JAX-HOU  2 ARI-DET  1 ATL-CHI  1
BAL-CIN  2 PIT-CLE  1 IND-LAR  1 SEA-GB  2
CAR-SF  1 NYG-DAL  2 NO-MIN  2 LAC-DEN Den by 10

Angelus said:
MTZehvor said:

It's worse than that........they sent you the wrong color jersey. Rodgers wears green

Must be a throwback jersey or something.

SuperChunk said:
KC-NE 2 NYJ-BUF 2 PHI-WAS 2 OAK-TEN 2
TB-MIA 1 JAX-HOU 2 ARI-DET 1 ATL-CHI 1
BAL-CIN 2 PIT-CLE 1 IND-LAR 2 SEA-GB 2
CAR-SF 1 NYG-DAL 2 NO-MIN 2 LAC-DEN 2 by 6

I picked TB, however, I do think the game will be cancelled. To be sure, I wanted to have a pick in.

KC-NE 2 NYJ-BUF  1 PHI-WAS  2 OAK-TEN  1
TB-MIA   JAX-HOU  2 ARI-DET  1 ATL-CHI  1
BAL-CIN  1 PIT-CLE  1 IND-LAR  1 SEA-GB  1
CAR-SF  1 NYG-DAL  2 NO-MIN  2 LAC-DEN Den by 3

cycycychris said:
RolStoppable said:
KC-NE 2
NYJ-BUF 2 PHI-WAS 1 OAK-TEN 2
TB-MIA 1 JAX-HOU 2 ARI-DET 2 ATL-CHI 1
BAL-CIN 2 PIT-CLE 1 IND-LAR 2 SEA-GB 2
CAR-SF 1 NYG-DAL 2 NO-MIN 2 LAC-DEN 1by 7

Not to confident in these picks but what ever. No chance the Tb vs Mia game gets played, probably already canceled by now. But I've not bother to look it up.

It's been postponed to Week 11.