By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could a Switch port of Kid Icarus Uprising work?

Alternatively, how about a new Kid Icarus???

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Make it a new game and we should be fine. I heard mixed reviews about the 3ds version.

Actually, it was received rather positively despite some mixed reception on the controls. As for a new game, I guess it depends on Sakurai if he wants to go back to the world and characters again.

Honestly, it would be an insane amount of work to have it not look cheap as all crap. You know, like Monster Hunter XX looks. Every model would have to be remade, every texture, new lighting and rendering, engine would likely need an overhaul. Honestly, at that point you may as well just make a new game. Wii U ports we may see more. 3DS ports? I HIGHLY doubt Nintendo will do many if any of those.

That would be nice. Perhaps I could finally complete the game then.
I didn't mind the flying part but the ground stages were pure terror for my hands.

A new game would work better because if they were to "port" Uprising to Switch, it would need to be much more than a port to work properly. For starters, they would have to completely change the control schemes, which could alter some gameplay mechanics. They would also have to improve visuals dramatically to even be "ok" on a 1080p screen... because as pretty as the original was on the 3DS, it ran at 240p on a very small screen, so they would really need to change a lot of things. So all things considered, it would just be better to make a new game.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

It's crazy to me that fans of the N just keep asking for ports and remasters...

especially of 3ds games

like i'm sorry but no, just give me a new game.

I'd rather have a sequel. Pls Nintendo I BEG you.

How about a new entry instead using UE4? New Yoshi is using UE4.

Just make Uprising 2

I got use to the controls and Kid Icarus became my most played game on 3DS - 150+ hours.

But I want a new one for Switch!

Switch!!!